Windows 7 Update appears to be compromised?

Anonymous
2015-09-30T11:04:55+00:00

These details of "Important" update, which I received this morning - 4:30 AM MT.  Copied to Notepad:

(appears to be a language pack?  4.3 MB)

______________________________________________________

gYxseNjwafVPfgsoHnzLblmmAxZUiOnGcchqEAEwjyxwjUIfpXfJQcdLapTmFaqHGCFsdvpLarmPJLOZYMEILGNIPwNOgEazuBVJcyVjBRL

Download size: 4.3 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

qQMphgyOoFUxFLfNprOUQpHS

More information: 

https://hckSLpGtvi.PguhWDz.fuVOl.gov

https://jNt.JFnFA.Jigf.xnzMQAFnZ.edu

Help and Support: 

https://IIKaR.ktBDARxd.plepVV.PGetGeG.lfIYQIHCN.mil

________________________________________________________________________

Did NOT install.  After my MSE definitions updated, I repeated Windows Update.  The above 'important' update did not reappear???

Did MS servers get compromised?

Thank you

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-02T16:08:59+00:00

    I have the same issue.  I asked a tech guy here and he said that each update will have a KB followed by numbers to identify the each update.  In this case, it might have just been a corrupted update and the windows system probably just didn't read it.  I'm assuming they all failed so I wouldn't worry about it.  They'll get it fixed if this is the case. 

    I read below that someone's computer got corrupted by this.  It seems you have to actually try to download this corrupted file for that to happen so I would just leave it be. We'll probably get an answer on what this was all about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-02T16:29:52+00:00

    Update: After actually reading the other 3 pages of posts it seems the answer was already determined a couple days ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-02T19:59:38+00:00

    After actually reading the other 3 pages of posts it seems the answer was already determined a couple days ago.       

    +1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T20:17:35+00:00

    I got this on 10/2/2015.  Can't seem to find any information on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T20:32:22+00:00

    You got what exactly?  As this was pulled from the servers days ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments