Windows 7 Update appears to be compromised?

Anonymous
2015-09-30T11:04:55+00:00

These details of "Important" update, which I received this morning - 4:30 AM MT.  Copied to Notepad:

(appears to be a language pack?  4.3 MB)

______________________________________________________

gYxseNjwafVPfgsoHnzLblmmAxZUiOnGcchqEAEwjyxwjUIfpXfJQcdLapTmFaqHGCFsdvpLarmPJLOZYMEILGNIPwNOgEazuBVJcyVjBRL

Download size: 4.3 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

qQMphgyOoFUxFLfNprOUQpHS

More information: 

https://hckSLpGtvi.PguhWDz.fuVOl.gov

https://jNt.JFnFA.Jigf.xnzMQAFnZ.edu

Help and Support: 

https://IIKaR.ktBDARxd.plepVV.PGetGeG.lfIYQIHCN.mil

________________________________________________________________________

Did NOT install.  After my MSE definitions updated, I repeated Windows Update.  The above 'important' update did not reappear???

Did MS servers get compromised?

Thank you

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:32:43+00:00

    Release date 3/27/2013?  Does anyone have a release date different from this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:36:20+00:00

    This just happened to me on a fresh install of windows 7 enterprise. Last night I finished installing all windows updates. This morning I had this come up. Once you rescan the updater, it disappears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:38:56+00:00

    It hasn't hit the WSUS server at my work yet so unfortunately I can't confirm the date you're seeing.  I am seeing it on my home workstation though. 

    EDIT -> I synchronized my WSUS server and it's not appearing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T16:08:12+00:00

    We had the update repeatedly show up as available and repeatedly it failed (never blindly accept updates :-( )

    However seems to have gone, but we NEED to know what it was. Has the laptop been compromised?

    Just a short answer will do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T16:59:57+00:00

    my laptop was screwed after the update. windows explorer crashes 

    VERY frequently now and most of my programs stopped working even in admin mode.

    system restore didn't work and i don't have the information i need for a reinstall.

    basically whatever it was killed my system and compromised my gear so i wouldn't want to look up anything sensitive to personal data on your machine.  also i noticed the update cant be deleted or hidden or detected after a failed install. even though you can clearly see it listed as a failed update... this is bad.

    sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. maybe it effects things differently depending on location and computing capabilities.  hope for the best and try to restore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments