Windows 7 Update appears to be compromised?

Anonymous
2015-09-30T11:04:55+00:00

These details of "Important" update, which I received this morning - 4:30 AM MT.  Copied to Notepad:

(appears to be a language pack?  4.3 MB)

______________________________________________________

gYxseNjwafVPfgsoHnzLblmmAxZUiOnGcchqEAEwjyxwjUIfpXfJQcdLapTmFaqHGCFsdvpLarmPJLOZYMEILGNIPwNOgEazuBVJcyVjBRL

Download size: 4.3 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

qQMphgyOoFUxFLfNprOUQpHS

More information: 

https://hckSLpGtvi.PguhWDz.fuVOl.gov

https://jNt.JFnFA.Jigf.xnzMQAFnZ.edu

Help and Support: 

https://IIKaR.ktBDARxd.plepVV.PGetGeG.lfIYQIHCN.mil

________________________________________________________________________

Did NOT install.  After my MSE definitions updated, I repeated Windows Update.  The above 'important' update did not reappear???

Did MS servers get compromised?

Thank you

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-24T08:29:47+00:00

    Firstly, I will apologize to those that would rather this thread not be given any further life.  Meaning they'd like it to just go away.

    Thought first this was an ackward error since I thought my WSUS database had gone full this morning...

    Didn't see the .gov and .edu extension before I had copied the gabbering text and searched for it in the web. Do still have problems removing the update from the WSUS server content though...

    Microsoft should come with a more official statement than through quotes on ZDNet (nothing bad said about them).

    Plurable source aknowledgement... from Microsoft... would be nice  :)

    BUT I have this strong sense that unless us normal low-class folks that are only customers demand certain levels of accountability from these tech companies, we won't get it.

    I just cannot understand how a company executive can actually make the decision to hide information about something that caused trouble for a lot of folks and then sit down at the dinner table with his/her kids and offer ideas to those young ones about how to live properly in this world!

    Now these help forums we have all around us here on these Microsoft sites/servers and the tech blog thingies that Microsoft seems to have and other Microsoft sites/forums/etc. are the places where so many of us go to get the REAL WORD from this company, so doesn't it make sense that when something like this happens the REAL WORD should be posted around here by the executive who wants to raise cool, well-meaning, responsible humans?

    I really don't get it.  Folks in positions of responsibility are always yakking about doing what's right, but when the chance comes it seems it don't happen.  Ole' country boy like me might start to mistrust somebody.

    I don't know.  I just don't get it.  Why?

    Maybe because I'm too stupid to get it.  Maybe hiding and cheating are the new way of the world and I need to learn how to do it like them rich, high-class folks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments