Windows 7 Update appears to be compromised?

Anonymous
2015-09-30T11:04:55+00:00

These details of "Important" update, which I received this morning - 4:30 AM MT.  Copied to Notepad:

(appears to be a language pack?  4.3 MB)

______________________________________________________

gYxseNjwafVPfgsoHnzLblmmAxZUiOnGcchqEAEwjyxwjUIfpXfJQcdLapTmFaqHGCFsdvpLarmPJLOZYMEILGNIPwNOgEazuBVJcyVjBRL

Download size: 4.3 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

qQMphgyOoFUxFLfNprOUQpHS

More information: 

https://hckSLpGtvi.PguhWDz.fuVOl.gov

https://jNt.JFnFA.Jigf.xnzMQAFnZ.edu

Help and Support: 

https://IIKaR.ktBDARxd.plepVV.PGetGeG.lfIYQIHCN.mil

________________________________________________________________________

Did NOT install.  After my MSE definitions updated, I repeated Windows Update.  The above 'important' update did not reappear???

Did MS servers get compromised?

Thank you

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:32:43+00:00

    Release date 3/27/2013?  Does anyone have a release date different from this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:31:46+00:00

    Any news about this problem ?

    I have the same issue and I don't want go on with installation and join the new pc to Active directory.

    Help us !

    Thanks

    Daniela

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T15:05:11+00:00

    I got the same one too.  It's a little weird that it's redirecting to an oddball .gov and .mil website.  Pretty fishy if you ask me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T14:35:43+00:00

    I have the same issue too; you would think Microsoft would notice this with 277+ views.... Something is odd about this update.

    JG

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T13:28:13+00:00

    Same here. Hopefully if enough people post about this, we'll get a response from Microsoft. Haven't installed, but in my case (unlike in the OP's), it reappears every time I check for new updates.

    I got several errors when I was first trying to run Windows Update right before getting this--for about 10 min I couldn't access updates at all. No idea if it's related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments