Hi Tiero,
Your answer is the first answer that I get that really make sense! Now the question, why does the integrity check takes so long? Is there a way to skip it? More than 3 minutes for a boot isn't really acceptable.
Regards,
Olivier
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!
If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...
What happens?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Tiero,
Your answer is the first answer that I get that really make sense! Now the question, why does the integrity check takes so long? Is there a way to skip it? More than 3 minutes for a boot isn't really acceptable.
Regards,
Olivier
Hi,
Here's our explanation on what is happening on your computer.
You've mention that system boots normally if you boot the system without the image backup that you created.
Simply because a back up *with* System Image is going to include Partition Integrity info.
A backup *without* system image does not.
Booting a restore *with* that system image/image backup is going to do integrity checks during boot that the restore *without* will skip.
Hope this answers your question.
Regards,
Tiero Chi
Please send the patch asap, can't wait more now!!!
Tired of all your troubleshooting guides... Again, I am not supposed to debug Microsoft issues. I have already spent ton of hours to find out what was going on. Now it is up to Microsoft to find a fix for this bug! Stop bothering me with your troubleshooting guides, this isn't serious...
When you buy a car and it is broken, the garagist doesn't expect you to fix the car by yourself!
Hi Olivier,
Kindly refer to the following:
How to diagnose Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 performance issues
Hope this helps.