Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!

Anonymous
2015-12-20T11:32:39+00:00

I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!

If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...

What happens?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T08:29:37+00:00

    Hi Olivier

    I do not think that a backup including a system image is causing the problem, at least not on its own. The reason I say that is because I use backup and include a system image each week.  I don't really see how backup could cause the problem, yes I know it appears to be doing so!

    This appears to be the problem! "...it was related to the Microsoft program checking the partition integrity at startup..." Not sure how backup is causing this problem.

    See if this is of any help:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKP92i1Sp4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T07:58:49+00:00

    Hello Olivier,

    Thank you for your response.

    I appreciate your time.

    I would suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner to check and remove any virus or malware which may be causing the issue.

    Refer:

    Microsoft safety scanner

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

    Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

    Please keep us updated.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-23T13:27:38+00:00

    Still no answer... I can't believe on how you handle service. I paid a lot of money for my windows 7 pro license! How comes that nobody is replying?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T09:36:02+00:00

    I guess this is a joke... 2 months for such an update...

    This problem has been reported by several users. If your backup includes a system image, then Windows will eventually take 3-4 minutes to boot. Otherwise, for a regular backup WITHOUT a system image, it takes 30 seconds.

    I have already troubleshooted the problem with the system performance profiler and the process eating all the startup time is related to the partition integrity check. So please check the problem on your end and come back with a fix ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T09:05:28+00:00

    Hi Olivier,

    Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

    I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and check if the issue persists.

    If the issue does not occur with the external device connected then, try connecting one device at a time to check which hardware causing the issue. If you come to know the hardware device which is causing the issue then try updating the drivers for the hardware device and check if that helps.

    Method 1: Let’s run the performance troubleshooter and check if that helps.

    Open the Performance troubleshooter

    Method 2: If the issue persists then, run the fixit provided in the following link and check if that helps.

    Fix Windows system performance problems on slow Windows computers

    Method 3: I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it the issue persists. To do so, please refer the following article.

    The SFC /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. For more information how to do SFC/ scan, please follow this link:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

    Refer the following link to update drivers for hardware which is causing the issue.

    Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

    Hope the suggestions help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments