Blue Screen bugcode_usb_driver windows 7 0x000000fe

Anonymous
2015-05-15T00:14:29+00:00

My laptop just recently started to have this problem. I would be doing something random like reading or watching a video or playing a game and my laptop would suddenly go into BSOD. The timing seems to be random too, on some day I have no problem using my laptop for the entire day. The blue screen started to appear after I got my new mouse, but the system told me the mouse is installed correctly and I was able to use the mouse normally. The logo on the new mouse says Insignia, my old one says Logitech, and I thought maybe that's the problem so I returned the Insignia mouse and got a new Logitech mouse, but the blue screen still appears, so apparently that's not the reason. I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem, I didn't installed any new program or anything.

The blue screen technical information gives me these: 0x000000FE, 0x000000000000008, 0x000000000000006, 0x000000000000005, 0xFFFFFA80082F2820

Other info from computer properties:

Model: ASUS Notebook K53E Series

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 G Ghz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.78 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Edit 1: (May 14 6:27 pm):

Here's the link to the zipped minidump file on dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgo5hwy0d8cbpsn/Minidump.zip?dl=0

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-05-20T01:29:25+00:00

There appears to be both BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (fe) and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) stop errors referencing the usbhub.sys:

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xFE_usbhub!UsbhHubProcessChangeWorker+ec

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_usbhub.sys

No specific third party driver is referenced in the errors.

As such I would recommend to install the following hotfix for the usbhub.sys and see if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2895729

There is a link at the top of the article to request the hotfix.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-21T16:30:27+00:00

    OK, that is normal and the default so the problem does not appear to be at that registry key.

    Can you uninstall the presently installed driver for the camera using "Uninstall or change a program".

    Then install the Azurewave Camera Driver V5.8.55133.208 for Windows 7 64-bit from the following link:

    http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Camera&p=3&os=30

    You could double-check there is a matching PID code for your camera.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-20T00:00:21+00:00

    I can see UpperFilters, but there is no LowerFilters.

    Name                  Type                            Data

    UpperFilters         REG_MULTI_SZ           ksthunk

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T22:30:56+00:00

    Can you check the following registry key?:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}

    At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?

    If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-16T17:59:10+00:00

    I ran it and it told me setup is successful, and that I need to reboot. So I reboot and tried to use the camera, but system said camera is disable. Inside the Sonix folder, there's only one folder called USB2.0 UVC VGA WebCam, but inside that folder there is nothing. I looked into the device manager and see this message:

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=51A45B4C79EED98F!118&authkey=!AAx87Zn6X-vcB-w&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments