still happening, several days unable to use, update or downloads apps; its a disaster
0x80240438
Also, I have Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store. Any thoughts anyone?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
still happening, several days unable to use, update or downloads apps; its a disaster
0x80240438
Also, I have Windows 10
By default, Windows Update service is set to start automatically. But if you have changed some settings, you could reset Windows Update setting back to its default via the Control Panel or carry out the following steps:
1. Press Windows Key + R , type services.msc in the Run dialog box. Click OK.
2. From the Services window, look for Windows Update service, since you’re facing the issue, it may have Disabledor Manual Startup type and change it to automatic.
It is working now for me (7am 11/16/2014). Does anyone know who at Microsoft I can send the bill for all the time I spent troubleshooting THEIR issue when they never admitted it was an issue but in the end was? :-)