KB3038314 - Performance Issue when I use .InnerHTML

Anonymous
2015-04-29T17:50:41+00:00

My site was working fine until I receive this update on my machine.  When I fetch 4000 records (HTML table) from server and assign that to innerHTML propery of span object then machine freezes forever.   The moment I uninstall the patch, I get result in 3 seconds.

Now the problem is that I cant ask clients to un-install this patch at their end specially when there are so many end users.

please fix this issue

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-13T00:50:34+00:00

    our side works in quirks mode and moving to standard mode will be a lot of effort.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-12T22:36:26+00:00

    Does the behavior persist after installing KB3049563?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-12T16:19:39+00:00

    We have the same problem with our applications and from our investigations the problem comes from X-UA-Compatible compatibility mode quirks or "IE=EmulateIE7". If you use IE dev tools (F12) and you play with compatibility mode you will see that performances are better when you force to IE8 compatibility mode. It seems than when you use "innerHTML" the IE engine parse again the HTML to search for malicious problems and this parsing is lot worse in quirks or IE7 mode when KB3038314 is deployed.

    When you use X-UA, be careful of combination between X-UA-Compatible and DOCTYPE used. If it does not match it directly moves to quirks mode (old browser mode). Refer to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff955379%28v=vs.85%29.aspx and https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff955275%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 for more details about DOCTYPE and X-UA modes.

    I hope it will help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T09:51:45+00:00

    You will find appropriate support in the TechNet and/or MSDN forums.

    Thank you for your response here. It's already been posted in the MSDN Developer forums, although it's not really a developer or coding issue, but more of an IE consumer-specific performance issue. This is why I thought I would post a comment here as well. It has also been reported as a BUG at https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/Feedback/Details/1271727 (which is probably the most appropriate location) but with no replies from Microsoft so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more