One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-04T05:52:50+00:00

    Well here's what I did and the pop-up that keeps advising me about the file with the not allowed name that keeps bugging me is no longer bugging me. I uninstalled OneDrive from my system and no more pop-ups about the  rogue file. I suppose now I will have to re-install OneDrive and see what happens. But at least for now it has stopped bugging me about the file that can't be fount!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T17:47:40+00:00

    I've never seen this before on my PC until today, after I downloaded an update for EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter from ION USB Products. This could be coincidental. I'd certainly like to think that a piece of kit that was bought from John Lewis wouldn't leave us open for some sort of cyber attack, if that's what these numbers amount to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T23:00:01+00:00

    It's not a virus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T14:02:40+00:00

    I already disable one drive and erased the files from one drive live account and erased the data from local drive and rebooted my laptop... and still, nothing, it reappears.

    I said to myself if its not in the cloud and not in the local drive where can it be... so I chased tha m.f and I nailed it, the data it's link to a video in the Microsoft database, so the problem it's not  just ours, the virus has many subfolders with a scrip like z...z...z..z......zzzz and affects google chrome in first hand ... so I decided to reinstall windows 10 erasing all files ... and what do you think it reappeared so... I decided to change the settings of one drive and because I don't use one drive I don't deal with that virus anymore... It's in Microsoft database flying between junk data, to solve the problem we need Microsoft to update its database...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-23T20:05:10+00:00

    Hi

    thanks for the solution tips but it still doesnt remove the processing from the the cloud in the tray.

    anyone have any other ideas?

    mine doesnt have the numbers show up in the users/group tab eithier security

    thanks in advance

    SORRY I JUMPED THE GUN, IT TOOK A COUPLE OF MINUTES. THANKS NOSYNIKE

    I USED SOLUTION #2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments