Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-23T02:19:18+00:00

    I followed what all the steps you said but its still giving me the same error problem and it this problem just started recently after I updated to Windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T01:34:55+00:00

    You probably already did it just like I did. This is getting really frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-01T01:49:06+00:00

    try this.....I followed a hundred links and listen to multiple idiots....This worked for me

    Step 1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run prompt

    Step 2. Type "regedit" and hit Enter (this will open the Registry Editor)

    Step 3. Click the YES button to Confirm the UAC message

    Step 4. On the left Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to find the following key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler

    Step 5. While the Spooler key is highlighted, Click on the right pane to allocate the value DependOnService

    Step 6. Double-click DependOnService value to Modify it

    Step 7. The Value data field should contain the text saying RPCSS, followed by http in the next line

    Step 8. Select and delete the letters http and click OK button to save your changes

    Step 9. Close Windows registry and Restart your computer

    Step 10. Test your printing ability now

    microsoft, their partners and hundreds of links later.......all worthless...... I found this fix in a hp forum

    I felt the need to create an account on here to tell you just how much of an immature child you are being. Calling random tech support people that you don't know "idiots" makes you look like an idiot. Not every solution works for everyone even if it is the same problem because everyone has a different setup. For example, I have the same problem and the solution you found did not work. So please, act like an adult when you are on these forum. Thanks.

    -Just a random IT guy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-24T21:26:33+00:00

    Unfortunately the printer spooler refusing to run seems to not be resolved by Roger Lu's "solution".

    Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling (with the registry entry deleted) and still, the HP installer returns an error code 1603 at 95% ... most likely because the spooler isn't running. Of course as the topic of this exchange already noted, the spooler refuses to start with error 0x800706b9 (resources).

    The problem persists regardless of what I do (including clean boot, different account etc.)

    I noticed the computer to have another issue, where the Windows Update and the Store can't seem to connect to the server, while all other programs (including Metro Apps) don't seem to have any issue connecting. (I already cleared the Firewall and tried it completely turned off etc.)

    The only solution at that point is a reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments