Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."

Anonymous
2014-11-29T04:52:08+00:00

Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.

Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:

"We're having trouble displyaing this page.  We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now.  Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."

Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine.  When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.

AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.

I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).

I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network).  I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data.  And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.

Help!  These sites are rather critical to me.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-04T19:25:37+00:00

    It is very frustrating & I really hope this problem can be looked into and resolved soon. I have the Lumia 1020, Windows phone 8.1.

    It seems nobody from Microsoft is looking at this thread anymore.

    Maybe someone should re-start a new topic (different name) so eventually some one  more competent than Karolina M gets to it and either provides a solution or alerts the software geniuses at Microsoft to fix their bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T20:37:53+00:00

    They work for me. So... Not a windows phone 8.1 issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-28T13:50:19+00:00

    With this error, i am wondering if i should have purchased a different phone.

    I can go in to many sites, however when i go in to some dating sites, (not just one or two), i get this error.

    Is there an update to fix this.  i can get in to these site on my PC with out an issue.  I have checked all the setting on my phone and tried to adjust them. (Nokia 1020)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T21:35:46+00:00

    They work for me. So... Not a windows phone 8.1 issue.

    Right. The rest of us must just be imagining the problem. As I mentioned in my first post in February, it fails on my 920 with its latest OS level, but doesn't fail on my daughter's 822 with its latest OS level (different from mine). So as someone asked you back in November, what phone are you using.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T20:06:09+00:00

    I, too, have this problem. Mine is with the www.wedj.com site. Before the 8.1 update, my Lumia 920 connected without issue. Now, I get the same "We're having trouble..." error everyone else is getting. I executed a service ticket to have their tech gurus work on the problem. After two weeks, they threw up their hands. The site comes up on android and apple phones with no issues.

    I have used several different browsers on the 920 with the same result. It's a shame. I love my phone, but when I can't connect to one of my important work sites on it, I see a new phone in the near future that will not be Windows based.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments