Windows RT upgrade to Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-01-28T13:00:29+00:00

Hi,

I have recently bought a Lumia 2520 tab that works on Windows RT 8.1.

I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10. If yes, then it would be really great. Else I will have regret for buying an operating system that has no future.

Hoping for your quick feedback.

Thank you.

Shiva

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T16:28:43+00:00

    There is a Surface 3 (not the Pro) but they have switched to an Atom processor and runs x86 Windows not RT

    RT is dead and buried. The product Support Lifecycle page is distinctly uncommunicative

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/gp/lifecycle-windows-rt-faq

    The "as available" can be construed as never, they rarely admit anything negative. If they do nothing i.e. no comparable upgrade they are still within the terms of this statement.

    If, as I suspect is the case, they carefully worded any reference to RT out of the Windows 10 program it would not be an automatic entitlement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T14:42:10+00:00

    I think you can draw your own conclusions from the fact that MS no longer advertise RT machines and haven't produced a Mk 3 Surface version

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T16:31:45+00:00

    LCRT, Thank you.... It does seem that Microsoft haven't thought through their product lifecycle for RT, or have decided not to tell us customers. It would be great if Microsoft would set out a lifecycle in the same way they have for petty much every other operating system they have developed and rolled out.

    Can anyone from Microsoft give anymore light on the future of RT?

    Thanks, Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T16:09:17+00:00

    I read that the additional Widows 10 features would be added to RT this month.

    Do you, or anyone know, whether this is true and if not, when the additional features will be added.

    Thank you,

    Bob

    they're only going to change the lock scree and the start menu - which will probably ruin it, as we don't need a stupid desktop style start menu on a great touch tablet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T11:45:25+00:00

    I read that the additional Widows 10 features would be added to RT this month.

    Do you, or anyone know, whether this is true and if not, when the additional features will be added.

    Thank you,

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments