It's back! And this time it was installed?!
Intel HD Graphics Driver via Windows Update
Getting error 0x800F0244 during Windows Update when it wants to update my Intel HD Graphics Driver on my computer which runs an NVidia driver for my discreet GTX 750 card.
I have updated the driver from a driver found on the Intel website, here
However, WU still wants to install this driver after checking for updates.
Error 0x800F0244 is listed on Microsoft Website as
| - SPAPI_E_SIGNATURE_OSATTRIBUTE_MISMATCH<br>- 0x800F0244 | The software was tested for compliance with Windows Logo requirements on a different version of Windows, and may not be compatible with this version. |
|---|
I have already cleared the SoftwareDistribution folder at least twice, the update will not go away. I have since hidden it.
BTW, I have a 3rd generation (Ivy Bridge) i5-3570K processor on this machine. I have 2 other machines with Intel processors (a Sandy Bridge Celeron with no discreet graphics, and a Haswell Refresh Pentium G3258 with a Radeon HD 7750 discreet card) all running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and I haven't seen this update yet for those.
Edit: same update appeared for my Celeron machine as well. I hid that too.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-07-12T02:59:43+00:00