Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all.
I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .
I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
My mic mutes itself when I use the Blackboard program. bb.collab.com. I get a popup message in Blackboard that states The microphone has been muted by another application. Do you want to unmute? This only happens in Blackboard. I can play music, I can watch youtube etc., and don't experience this. I have searched through every application on my computer, on google, on FF and IE and cannot find which application is doing it. I have used a different head set and it still does it. I have tried other computers and I don't have this issue, so I know it's not Blackboard. I tried your troubleshooting step, but I don't see a host folder you have discussed. I have Windows 7 professional. Does it have a different name on Windows 7?
Hey TechRaj! Your video was extremely helpful! I cannot thank you enough for being the rock in the hurricane when I had this situation. I've had this issue for quite awhile now, but your video was straight to the point in showing me how to solve this pretty annoying problem. The only really annoying part is that Malewarebytes takes a long time to scan and quarantine threats.
Hello, a little while ago I bought an old (but good) PC from a mate. Windows 10. I have a wireless Logitech gaming headset G933. AT first it was fine, then whilst in Discord I found that at random points my friends couldn't hear me. I would then have to disconnect and reconnect. At first I thought this was Discords fault. It wasn't until after I searched a way to fix the solution that it was my PC that randomly muted my mic. Here's the thing, It's connected and would be working fine, until it would randomly mute itself. When I open "sound" > "Recording" It shows that my mic is connected and set to default. However, when I speak the green bars don't appear. Now I have almost searched every where for a solution, and I found one. I go into Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs and delete my "Microphone (Logitech G933 Gaming Headset) driver. I then have to restart my PC which I'm sure it then re-installs the driver and everything seems to be fine. A week later the same thing happened, I did the same thing, it worked, the next day is stopped working again. At this point I'm sure its going to continue to happen. Please ANYONE HELP ME!!!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more