Fully agree, just wanted to provide the official statement.
Windows 10 Update in Lumia 820
Can I am get Windows 10 update in my Lumia 820? and what's a time period to get update windows 10?
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-09-02T11:26:40+00:00 Late 2016, early 2017, what difference does it make? Same result. No skype for the vast majority of windows phone users.
-
RedSpook-9082 4,765 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2016-09-02T11:15:22+00:00 "While support will no longer be available from October 2016, the Skype app on Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 will continue to work (possibly with some limitations) until early 2017, when we finish moving Skype calling to the cloud (see Skype blog)."
-
Anonymous
2016-09-02T11:04:24+00:00 The final kick is that they are stopping Skype for windowsphone 8.1
If I had skype I wouldn't care a lot to upgrade.
But Skype is very important to me.
thats the worst decision from Microsoft I've seen in the last few years. Unacceptable.
-
Anonymous
2016-09-02T10:59:02+00:00 The final kick is that they are stopping Skype for windowsphone 8.1
If I had skype I wouldn't care a lot to upgrade.
But Skype is very important to me.