Constant BSOD Errors

Anonymous
2015-04-26T23:06:53+00:00

I believe I may have a faulty driver, but I need help on finding said driver and if I can fix it personally or not.

The other day I installed a new game (skyrim). Ever since, I've been getting BSOD's for different errors. I did not get one while playing the game. I got a few that were different than one another, but have been getting the same one recently. I'm posting this in Safe Mode.

The errors were in order:

  • BAD_POOL_CALLER
  • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (gotten this one a couple times in a row within minutes of computer running. Is the most recent)
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (computer reverted back to before skyrim was installed after this one. I did not revert it myself. Happened automatically)

Please, help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm deployed and this is pretty much the only way I have of talking to family. Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T22:24:24+00:00

    My computer notifies me when I try to run the BIOS updater, that there is something wrong with my Local

    Disk (Z:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T17:51:30+00:00

    It is indeed running a 8.1 OS which is why I'm confused as to why it's prohibiting me from updating

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T17:48:35+00:00

    If your OS is not 8.1, edit accordingly.

    Note: To see previous BIOS Versions, click the "previous versions" Tab

    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-m6-k000-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5447423

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T17:20:40+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T17:13:01+00:00

    So go ahead and update BIOS with this link you provided?

    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69822.exe

    I just want to verify and make sure this is what you're saying before I do it

    Like I said, make sure I have the correct system linked, before proceeding.

    1: kd> !sysinfo machineid

    Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=1591]

    BiosMajorRelease = 15

    BiosMinorRelease = 18

    FirmwareMajorRelease = 4

    FirmwareMinorRelease = 68

    BiosVendor = Insyde

    BiosVersion = F.12< currently installed

    BiosReleaseDate = 09/26/2013

    SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard

    SystemProductName = HP ENVY TS m6 Sleekbook

    SystemFamily = 103C_5335KV G=N L=CON B=HP S=ENV

    SystemVersion = 0883100022305B00000320100

    SystemSKU = E0L06UA#ABA

    BaseBoardManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard

    BaseBoardProduct = 1995

    BaseBoardVersion = 04.44

    Search, via SystemSKU = E0L06UA#ABA,

    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-m6-k000-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5447423

    Once you have confirmed that I have the correct systemand OS linked, the answer to your question would be "yes"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments