Latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545, error Code 800703e6

Anonymous
2014-02-27T11:12:46+00:00

I have just attempted to download the latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545 and get error code 80070e6.  i.e. even the download will not complete.

Any ideas for a fix please.

Chris.

Moved from Windows 7 Install, Upgrade and Activate Forum.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T23:08:24+00:00

    Chris

    Was it offered to you by Windows Update or did you go seeking it? It relates to Remote Desktop. Why did you think you needed it?

    If you failed to download it I do not see how this has any bearing on your problem of System File Checker not be able to fix corrupted files. That is far more important than not being able to install an update that you may not need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T22:27:32+00:00

    The Update for Windows (KB2923545) which is a recommended one which I attempted to download on Feb 27th '14,

    Please see the first message of this "thread"

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T22:09:04+00:00

    Chris

    My understanding that the original update dose not apply to a stand alone desktop system and is more allied to a client/server system

    What original update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T20:33:53+00:00

    I do still have the problem.

    I did a repair install and this caused further problems in that the system would not start properly-I carried out a system image recovery, which was successful, but of course the original problem is still present.

    The next step is therefore a complete clean install and I am sure that this will fix the problem, but seems quite dramatic for following reason.

    My OS is W7 Home Premium.  My understanding that the original update dose not apply to a stand alone desktop system and is more allied to a client/server system.  I can download other updates.  I have therefore decided to live with this slight impairment to a file and see how things go.  I have therefore caused a "hide" to this update.

    I will keep the clean install in reserve until absolutely necessary.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-02T15:28:56+00:00

    Chris

    Regarding the disc with SP1 update.  Not certain, but I think I recall SP1 being delivered as a Windows Update.

    If you got the disk with the computer before February 22, 2011 then it does not contain the SP1 update. If it contains the SP1 update then there are less updates to reinstall so it does not take so long.

    I have got quite a comprehensive step-by-step guide to installing a clean system which I have updated over the period, and each time added to it as appropriate.

    If you feel more comfortable doing a clean install then do that. Restoring from a system image can reintroduce the errors, if any, in the system image.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments