SD Memory Card not working after Windows 8.1 install

Anonymous
2013-10-27T21:51:22+00:00

After installing the Windows 8.1 over Windows 8, I am no longer able to save to F: drive - media card reader.  The drive is not shown under devices and drives.  The Troubleshooter as recommended in other posts could not fix the problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-02T00:19:40+00:00

    Hi. I have the same problem with my sd card. I have checked it using my mothers windows 7 laptop and it works fine. Not opening on my Windows 8.1 laptop though. I have only had this laptop for a week but have spent the last 3 days trying to get this working. I have installed all the drivers for my HP G2 255 Notebook and have no luck. I have tried running the troubleshooting and it just keeps saying "Hardware changes may not have been detected". I have looked in device manager and found the card reader and it says it is working fine so why does my memory card not open when inserted?

    Please, please can someone tell me how to fix this! I have tried everything I can think of and also what has already been suggested here.

    Many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-30T11:25:40+00:00

    Check out my previous post how to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-29T19:36:37+00:00

    I'm having memory card problems also.    The photos upload differently, box has German Writing on it,  photos no longer save into an album just separate AND my videos are not recognized or uploaded with the photos at all.  Whats up.  Windows 8.1 took over my computer two days ago and did it's upload with out me aking it too.  Can I uninstall it somehow and go back to how the photos uploads and storage worked before.  And the guy talking about the F file is correct,    my isn't showing either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T04:51:12+00:00

    Hi,

    You are most welcome.

    Please do let us know if you need any help with Windows related issues, we'll be glad to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments