No luck with me. I removed C++ with the intent of installing it later. However i still get windows 8.1 crashes. This reverts the start bar to the middle screen.
Pretty annoying
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
No luck with me. I removed C++ with the intent of installing it later. However i still get windows 8.1 crashes. This reverts the start bar to the middle screen.
Pretty annoying
Any Luck with this, I have it pop up from time to time as well, typically when I have not been using the computer for some period of time, hours to days...
I habe the same problem with 2 Windows PC with Win 8.1. The tip does not work!!!
Just wondering if the suggested fix worked for you. I have been having the same problem.
Hi Vismas,
Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?
This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:
Step 1:
1. Press Windows key + X, click on control panel.
2. Go to Programs and Features.
3. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.
4. Click Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall
NoteIf you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2
Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.
Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx
2. Download latest Visual C++
3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers
Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.