Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.
Jimmy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Why is there such an extensive discussion here on Microsoft when the current position as far as it is able to be determined is Microsoft is recommending that gadgets be disabled. How are we to know what the truth is when the current release of Windows 7 has gadgets included and there has been no update to disable them. I get messages at OneDrive site to disable gadgets and then am led over here for discussion where there are extensive directions about how to get gadgets to run properly. There is not just a problem with hackers trying to attack using the gadgets, but there is a problem with the way Microsoft handles the problem and tells you to disable them in one place and how to get them to run here. This is irresponsible and misleading.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've got Windows 7 (64-bit). My weather gadget suddenly changed color (no background, and info display in blurry pink), after installing the latest Windows Updates.
I first tried changing font display size back to 100%- that corrected the gadget display problem. But I wanted to keep my custom display size (110%) as well.
So I downgraded Internet Explorer - from IE11 to IE10. (That required some research, but after I identified the proper steps, it went smoothly). And after rebooting, everything is working properly again. The weather gadget displays correctly, along with my custom display size.
a gadget is the same as an app... just total BS that they are changing their names! its like me saying oh its not a beer, Its a frosty barley pop!
This is rediculous, running a computer online has just as much danger as running the gadget. doesn't matter whether its a gadget or not. anything that runs while connected online is a danger..Common sense. They are just screwing those of us who like the few apps that Windows 7 ran so those of us who have brand new computers running on Windows 7 will purchase and upgrade to 8.. I am upset I lost my weather tracker gadget and my PC monitor.. But they will not get my money for 8. My other laptop runs on XP its worked fine and is about become obsolete as of April... The purpose of 7 was supposedly to run these gadgets and make things more inventive, now they've gotten rid of the novelty of 7 altogether saying it was a security problem..Bah thats the biggest lie. ANyone know where I can get a weather tracker for my desktop?