My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T01:17:27+00:00

    i have a tf100. Mine was making a crackling sound from the back of the speaker and shut off. no picture nothing but crackling for hours. finally, i held down the power button and both volumes, the plus and minus, that whole button along with the power. then it flashed the picture of the battery. 

    so then i just held down the power button and it came on. it has a hard sleep cycle. i was pissed. who wants a new machine with a known glitch and have to send it back on your own dime. really??? 

    pffft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T16:20:31+00:00

    I just fixed my T100 earlier today by simply opening it up and plugging the battery back in. 

    I know opening it up sounds extreme but trust me its the easiest thing I've ever done. Just grab a guitar pick and slide it across the bottom where the tablet docs to the keyboard. Slide it all the way around the unit until you can pop open the cover. I swear it was built to be opened like this so it should be really easy.

    Once you have the back off you will see the battery and a little clear tape over the spot where it should be connected. Mine looked connected but when I pulled on the tape the plug came right out. I recommend you completely unplug it and push it back in. You should feel it click.

    Just cover it back up and your done.

    I called both Asus and the msftstore I bought it from and they both said to send it back but this saved me a lot more time and hassle.

    Btw the reason it wasn't turning on is because the battery didnt have a charge. If the battery is not plugged in the little red light still turns on but the battery is not getting any juice so you'll never have enough charge to actually turn it on past diagnostic mode. Bios won't really help here but I updated mine just in case after I fixed it.

    BRILLAINT! Sometimes the simplest fixes are the best. I took your advice and momentarily disconnected the internal battery cable (though it was securely attached and charging as indicated by solid red light) however that seemed to reset some poor logic in the system because the light then turned white indicating full true charge and VIOLA I am back to life. P.S. Check out the you videos on how easy and safe it is to open this case. The snap pry back tool is useful but a miniature pocket knife can get the job started and completed also with care. MANY HUGE THANKS ! (Never cared for waiting on returns or dealing with service departments, useless call centers etc., not even Microsoft's own)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-16T19:08:38+00:00

    Hi, 

    My Asus T100TA wil not turn on.  When I open the laptop I get my home screen and when I swipe I get a purple screen.  This has happened in the past and I found answers on how to get it to work.  Would you please telll me what is happening and how I can fix it?

    MB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments