My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-28T03:49:39+00:00

    Make sure you press power button for 10 or sometimes 20 seconds.  Or try a few times it will come alive.

    For Asus T100, the charging/sleep and then wake-up is now a known issue.  The same problem occurs on "restart".  Asus has posted BIOS update that will fix this but taken it offline to further refine it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-20T21:59:47+00:00

    I have the same problem and this is my second T100 - I returned the first but at least it lasted a week - this one only lasted one charge.

    Very frustrating but at least I now know I am not alone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-27T21:40:49+00:00

    Hold down the down volume button and then hold down the power button and it will turn on to the BIOS screen. Use the arrow keys to move to save and exit and hit enter. You will then boot up OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments