Photo Collage

Anonymous
2013-11-02T13:46:39+00:00

When I purchased my new computer it came with Windows 8. I was pleasantly surprised when my photos popped up on the desktop in a collage manner, sort of like a screensaver. When I upgraded to 8.1, this feature has gone away. I miss it and would love to have it back.  If anyone knows how to accomplish this, please reply!! Thanks.  Connie York

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-05T20:37:42+00:00

No, I am not referring to Screensaver.  With Windows 8 on my new computer, it was a pleasant surprise that happened when I opened Photos.  There was an arrow that showed up at the bottom left of my screen, I believe it actually said "shuffle" and when I clicked it, my photos came up, covered the screen like a collage, different sizes, etc.  It was amazing.  Then, when I upgraded to 8.1, this option was no longer there.  I have done some research and seen this same situation from several others.  We did not do anything in Windows 8 to make this collage happen--it just happened, and it was great. Now it is gone.  Anything that can be done to bring this back would be appreciated.  I have started using the screensaver option since I lost the previous feature, but it is just not the same.  Thanks, Connie York

Thanks for taking the time to post to the forum Connie.

The feature you are referring to was not implemented in the new Windows 8.1 Photos app.  I have noted your request to bring this feature back and will bring it up with the product group.

Thanks,

Gregg

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-09T22:25:48+00:00

    Did this ever get figured out. I really want the feature back!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-09T22:47:51+00:00

    I enjoyed this "addon" more than I should have.

    Will you please bring it back?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-16T19:09:14+00:00

    I totally agree ... I would NOT have upgraded had I known that I would be losing the best feature!  Was nobody consulted on this?

    Very disappointing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T16:37:27+00:00

    Thank you all for the feedback. The Photos app team also loves the photo collage feature, and are definitely hearing that users want that feature.

    -Adam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments