Thanks very much for this suggestion! I had also done a few Google searches, strange enough I had not come across this link. I'm going to ask Gigabyte, the manufacturer of my motherboard, about this.
Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker
Hi,
When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-02-12T23:18:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-02-11T18:32:05+00:00 I've checked around, and there are a few people experiencing this problem. The change log for BIOS updates on some systems implies that this might be fixed by a BIOS update: see, e.g., http://ebookily.net/txt/wwwfujitsucom-136652684.html.
-
Anonymous
2014-02-11T15:22:05+00:00 Still haven't found a solution, but I'm pretty sure my power supply and the hdd are OK, there is no overheating, and disabling BIOS power saving options also didn't affect it. I swapped the psu and hdd (with different models) to see if they are the culprit.
-
Anonymous
2014-02-06T22:01:07+00:00 I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
-
Anonymous
2013-10-25T08:10:42+00:00 Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately I have already followed all the steps you provide. The drive is already fully encrypted.