Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T05:43:34+00:00

    ...cmd as administrator and type in

    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1

    it says "wrong parameter"

    Puh, I've got Win10Pro up2date (stable ring) and could copy&paste it just fine... so this command is still working :-\

    Sry, I can't think of anything else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-01T20:59:26+00:00

    This is really a huge deal!! I can confirm this:

    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1

    working on the following system:

    Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3

    Asus H97-Pro (UEFI 2705)

    4x 4096MB Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G

    Samsung SSD 840 EVO (Firmware EXT0CB6Q) (Hardware Accelerated Encryption)

    ASUS Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

    Enermax MODU87+ 600W

    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

    There is a MSDN page that documents the setting (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362652%28v=vs.85%29.aspx):

    "BcdLibraryBoolean_BootShutdownDisabled: Disables the 1-minute timer that triggers shutdown on boot error screens, and the F8 menu, on UEFI systems."

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-01T02:43:48+00:00

    Asus support got back to me today and proposed a solution that (so far) works.  Let me know if this works for anyone else:

    open up command prompt window as administrator:

    type in this command:            bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1

    press enter key, wait couple seconds then exit window. reboot the system and see if issue is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-17T21:13:05+00:00

    The BIOS update should have took if it was from Windows Update since it should automatically suspend bitlocker. You can check if it was installed using the command prompt command systeminfo.

    This may help explain why it is restarting

    http://www.vindamedia.com/windows/help/bitlocker-log-in-turns-off-after-60-seconds

    It was kind of long, I figured it would be better as a web page. The page was just created and is currently a rough draft so if you see any errors let me know. I didn't want you to have to wait for a final review of the new page.

    Has anyone perhaps found a solution to this issue?

    I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 2350 with Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to 8.1 Pro and activated bit-locker and am experiencing the same issue.

    I checked and I already have the latest BIOS version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-25T07:35:12+00:00

    Hi,

    • Have you already locked the drive using bit locker or are you trying the lock the drive?

    Here are a few steps you may try and let us know the outcome.

    1. Please unplug all the external hardware devices attached to the computer. (mainly the scanners and the printers).
    2. Change the power setting to never turn off the Computer.
    • Type Power Options in the Search of the Charms bar.
    • Click on "Change when the computer sleeps"
    • Change the setting to Never for "turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep"

    Let us know how it goes after you try these steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments