Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus

Anonymous
2014-02-25T03:48:03+00:00

I installed the program SlimCleanerPlus ( Slim Ware Utilities, Inc. ) to speed up my computer. I decided this was probably a mistake so attempted to immediately uninstall the program. When I did so I got the following message :

Do you want to allow the following program from an unkown publisher to make changes to this computer ? This message had an orange alert background.

Program name C:\Windows\Installer\e388a8.msi

Publisher    Unknown

File origin : Hard drive on this computer   

I did not proceed to uninstall the program due to concerns about the impact on my computer due to the unknown publisher. Can any please shed any light on this company - is it genuine ? And advise how I can safely uninstall the program ?

Thanks,

Russell Kidd

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-25T05:22:41+00:00

ave you tried doing a system restore before you installed the software?

Using Windows 7 or Vista System Restore - How-To Geek

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If the software refuses to uninstall, use Revouninstaller.

open the Microsoft System Configuration Utility, click Start, type: msconfig then hit Enter on your board.

Under the General tab, select Selective startup then click Apply and OK

Restart your computer. Once in Selective Startup mode, proceed to uninstall the program, go back to msconfig and select Normal startup so Windows will load normally.

Suppose Diagnostic mode fails to uninstall the troublesome program? Here is another solution?

This will require that install a freeware utility called Revouninstaller, there is also a paid version, but the free version should be enough for most users needs. Revouninstaller is very detailed and provides insightful details about the program it is attempting to uninstall, including things like registry entries and where the program places files on your hard disk.

You can find Revo Uninstaller at http://www.revouninstaller.com (freeware). Here’s a quick look at how to use Revo uninstaller.

Launch Revo uninstaller after installing, select the program you want to uninstall or search for it using the built in search tool.

Click the Uninstall button on the toolbar

This will start the uninstallation wizard for the particular program you selected. Revo uninstaller will go through a series of steps which include creating a system restore point, creating a backup of your Windows registry.

Then analyze the program and run its default uninstaller, click Yes when you see the above dialog. After the uninstall is completed, you have a choice of scanning modes to select from. What this will do is let you scan for any left over files, folders and registry items from that particular program. Safe looks in the usual places, moderate in more advanced locations while Advanced does a thorough search throughout the entire computer. After selecting your choice, (I went with Advanced), click Scan.

After the scan is complete, you will see a list of registry entries left behind by the program, select them then click Finish to thoroughly remove the program from your system.

The default uninstaller should work for most persons, but for those troublesome programs, the Force Uninstall feature and advanced scanning options will give you more control.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-03T18:54:57+00:00

    it's no more than extortionware.  Does nothing but take your money or hold your computer hostage.  You paid for the product so you paid the ransome.  I had to remove many registry keys while uninstalling.  I did find afterwards that Norton has a branch program that removes unwanted software.  It worked in removing the residue that i didn't find.  Not sure if it would have worked before I removed what i could.  It bothers me greatly that they had Microsoft partner plastered all over their page.  I never install a program to uninstall it as is most often requested but not required.  I wouldn't pay for it either.  your system may be working now but with that product installed they could hit you up again down the road.   Making you think you got another virus or system problem when in fact it is them.  Probably when you are due for renewal.

        Imediately after I installed the software and was trying to uninstall it I received a call from India wanting to take over my computer by having me hit the windows key and r.  And they spoofed my TDBank site to make it more believable.  I'm sure others have experienced the same thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T17:10:53+00:00

    Andre,

    Thank you for your expert information. I had unsuspectingly installed the Slim Pro cleaner on Dec 7, but at my husband's advise, didn't follow it's promptings. I finally took the time to find out what to do about it, and found your instructions to be concise, and perfectly helpful. Thank you for your expertise. Your karmic return shall be bountiful! 

    Do you know why one would take such pains to create such malicious software? What have they to gain from causing such problems for people. It seems to me only those who sell the software to control and prevent are to gain. I don't understand this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T11:19:17+00:00

    I installed the paid-for SlimClean Plus on my W10 system.    It seemed to go ok - although I wouldn't know if it was really doing any good in any case - until it tried to get me to pay for their driver update feature.   I uninstalled the separate routine that was asking for payment using windows uninstall.   Then soon after, SlimClean started acting up, showing "analysing" and using up to 30% processor power continuously for over 24 hours, and I had to end it using task manager.

    SlimClean helpdesk suggested two things to try: restore my PC back to a previous state; or uninstall and reinstall SlimClean.    I tried the latter. No difference, as soon as it loaded, it showed "analysing" which continued overnight.   Then I uninstalled, closed down, restarted and reinstalled.   Still the same, still had to use task manager to close it down.

    As for their first suggestion, if SlimClean can't cope with automatic updates of W10, then it is no use to me, I don't have the time, the inclination, nor indeed the knowledge to keep fiddling with restores etc because their software is not fit for purpose.

    Cleverly, the software did not start to malfunction until after the 60 days refund period had expired.

    Speaking with friends and colleagues, and looking at various websites, it looks as if these paid for "booster" or "cleaner" packages are a waste of money in any case, if you really want one, chose one of the freebies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T11:35:53+00:00

    As you say, they have Microsoft partner on their webpage.   What is Microsoft doing about it?

    Much the same as they do about problems with Microsoft software, sfo.

    Apple deserves to be much more popular.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments