Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus

Anonymous
2014-02-25T03:48:03+00:00

I installed the program SlimCleanerPlus ( Slim Ware Utilities, Inc. ) to speed up my computer. I decided this was probably a mistake so attempted to immediately uninstall the program. When I did so I got the following message :

Do you want to allow the following program from an unkown publisher to make changes to this computer ? This message had an orange alert background.

Program name C:\Windows\Installer\e388a8.msi

Publisher    Unknown

File origin : Hard drive on this computer   

I did not proceed to uninstall the program due to concerns about the impact on my computer due to the unknown publisher. Can any please shed any light on this company - is it genuine ? And advise how I can safely uninstall the program ?

Thanks,

Russell Kidd

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-25T05:22:41+00:00

ave you tried doing a system restore before you installed the software?

Using Windows 7 or Vista System Restore - How-To Geek

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If the software refuses to uninstall, use Revouninstaller.

open the Microsoft System Configuration Utility, click Start, type: msconfig then hit Enter on your board.

Under the General tab, select Selective startup then click Apply and OK

Restart your computer. Once in Selective Startup mode, proceed to uninstall the program, go back to msconfig and select Normal startup so Windows will load normally.

Suppose Diagnostic mode fails to uninstall the troublesome program? Here is another solution?

This will require that install a freeware utility called Revouninstaller, there is also a paid version, but the free version should be enough for most users needs. Revouninstaller is very detailed and provides insightful details about the program it is attempting to uninstall, including things like registry entries and where the program places files on your hard disk.

You can find Revo Uninstaller at http://www.revouninstaller.com (freeware). Here’s a quick look at how to use Revo uninstaller.

Launch Revo uninstaller after installing, select the program you want to uninstall or search for it using the built in search tool.

Click the Uninstall button on the toolbar

This will start the uninstallation wizard for the particular program you selected. Revo uninstaller will go through a series of steps which include creating a system restore point, creating a backup of your Windows registry.

Then analyze the program and run its default uninstaller, click Yes when you see the above dialog. After the uninstall is completed, you have a choice of scanning modes to select from. What this will do is let you scan for any left over files, folders and registry items from that particular program. Safe looks in the usual places, moderate in more advanced locations while Advanced does a thorough search throughout the entire computer. After selecting your choice, (I went with Advanced), click Scan.

After the scan is complete, you will see a list of registry entries left behind by the program, select them then click Finish to thoroughly remove the program from your system.

The default uninstaller should work for most persons, but for those troublesome programs, the Force Uninstall feature and advanced scanning options will give you more control.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-27T18:29:03+00:00

    This was very helpful and worked like a charm.  I used the 30 day free trial version.  There are also options to purchase different versions of this uninstaller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T21:40:56+00:00

    This Slim Cleaner Plus Software sounds predatory! Why should this program be so

    difficult( compared to non predatory software programs) to remove?  Have they been sued?

    Seems like many people dislike the product...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-30T22:58:16+00:00

    Don't count on it.  I uninstalled it and before I knew it I had a pop up blocking my screen.  I was logging into my banking and the popup told me that TD Banks security plugin detected some suspicious activity from my IP address and gave me a phone number to call and an error code: 0x80070490.  i called the number and of course I was talking to India.  She was telling me that my anti virus had likely expired and that I was now infected.  But she could help me.  All I had to do was hold down the windows key and press R.  After opening remote desktop I'm sure she would have taken control of my computer and really infected it before selling me some new program or update.  I already have a legitimate Windows 10 which i am not familiar with hence the problem in the first place.  What bothers me most is that I have a totally updated version of Norton 360 and the premium paid for version of Malwarebytes and neither stopped it or found it afterwards.  So,  uninstalling it by installing it and with their help.  Ask the fox to watch your chickens ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T00:00:32+00:00

    I followed Andre's suggestion and used Revouninstaller. Worked like a dream and finished in just moments. Thanks, Kathy R

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments