Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus

Anonymous
2014-02-25T03:48:03+00:00

I installed the program SlimCleanerPlus ( Slim Ware Utilities, Inc. ) to speed up my computer. I decided this was probably a mistake so attempted to immediately uninstall the program. When I did so I got the following message :

Do you want to allow the following program from an unkown publisher to make changes to this computer ? This message had an orange alert background.

Program name C:\Windows\Installer\e388a8.msi

Publisher    Unknown

File origin : Hard drive on this computer   

I did not proceed to uninstall the program due to concerns about the impact on my computer due to the unknown publisher. Can any please shed any light on this company - is it genuine ? And advise how I can safely uninstall the program ?

Thanks,

Russell Kidd

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-25T05:22:41+00:00

ave you tried doing a system restore before you installed the software?

Using Windows 7 or Vista System Restore - How-To Geek

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If the software refuses to uninstall, use Revouninstaller.

open the Microsoft System Configuration Utility, click Start, type: msconfig then hit Enter on your board.

Under the General tab, select Selective startup then click Apply and OK

Restart your computer. Once in Selective Startup mode, proceed to uninstall the program, go back to msconfig and select Normal startup so Windows will load normally.

Suppose Diagnostic mode fails to uninstall the troublesome program? Here is another solution?

This will require that install a freeware utility called Revouninstaller, there is also a paid version, but the free version should be enough for most users needs. Revouninstaller is very detailed and provides insightful details about the program it is attempting to uninstall, including things like registry entries and where the program places files on your hard disk.

You can find Revo Uninstaller at http://www.revouninstaller.com (freeware). Here’s a quick look at how to use Revo uninstaller.

Launch Revo uninstaller after installing, select the program you want to uninstall or search for it using the built in search tool.

Click the Uninstall button on the toolbar

This will start the uninstallation wizard for the particular program you selected. Revo uninstaller will go through a series of steps which include creating a system restore point, creating a backup of your Windows registry.

Then analyze the program and run its default uninstaller, click Yes when you see the above dialog. After the uninstall is completed, you have a choice of scanning modes to select from. What this will do is let you scan for any left over files, folders and registry items from that particular program. Safe looks in the usual places, moderate in more advanced locations while Advanced does a thorough search throughout the entire computer. After selecting your choice, (I went with Advanced), click Scan.

After the scan is complete, you will see a list of registry entries left behind by the program, select them then click Finish to thoroughly remove the program from your system.

The default uninstaller should work for most persons, but for those troublesome programs, the Force Uninstall feature and advanced scanning options will give you more control.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T03:47:35+00:00

    I know this thread is 2 years old, but Malwarebytes detected 2 PUPS from this program today in my registry keys.  Get Malwarebytes or some other good anti-malware program like HitManPro, run a scan and let the program remove it for you.  I had no idea any such program was even installed.  Now I understand why my browsers had suddenly become slow and were crashing often. Odd thing is I never even installed this program and it was not listed in my programs under Control Panel.  Must have come bundled with another program. Do malware scans frequently if you feel like something isn't right.

    Hi JaynieaHappy,

    I had the same thing happen where I couldn't find a program listed under Control Panel. 

    I agree that it, likely, was bundled with another program. I'm usually pretty good about catching that because buried in all of the text on the installer dialog box, just before you hit the install button, are sometimes  little boxes that are checked which is a default telling the installer that, yes, you want to install another program or programs with the one that you wanted. If you don't want those extra programs installed, just click on the boxes to clear the checkmark and they won't be installed.

    Before I tell you what I did to find the unwanted program or programs, here's a great explanation of why you sometimes can't find a program under the Control Panel.

    Just go to Google and type the following in the blank search field:  pc mag program files x86, then click on the first link.

    Okay, so first I click on the following (in the order shown):

    File Explorer

    C: drive

    "Program files"

    If the program is not listed in the "Program  Files" folder then click on the C: drive again to get you back to the folders.

    Next, click on the "Program Files (x86)" folder and check there for the program.

    Any questions? Feel free to ask away.   :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-12T21:02:07+00:00

    I know this thread is 2 years old, but Malwarebytes detected 2 PUPS from this program today in my registry keys.  Get Malwarebytes or some other good anti-malware program like HitManPro, run a scan and let the program remove it for you.  I had no idea any such program was even installed.  Now I understand why my browsers had suddenly become slow and were crashing often. Odd thing is I never even installed this program and it was not listed in my programs under Control Panel.  Must have come bundled with another program. Do malware scans frequently if you feel like something isn't right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T12:58:50+00:00

    I installed the program SlimCleanerPlus ( Slim Ware Utilities, Inc. ) to speed up my computer. I decided this was probably a mistake so attempted to immediately uninstall the program. When I did so I got the following message :

    Do you want to allow the following program from an unkown publisher to make changes to this computer ? This message had an orange alert background.

    Program name C:\Windows\Installer\e388a8.msi

    Publisher    Unknown

    File origin : Hard drive on this computer   

    I did not proceed to uninstall the program due to concerns about the impact on my computer due to the unknown publisher. Can any please shed any light on this company - is it genuine ? And advise how I can safely uninstall the program ?

    Thanks,

    Russell Kidd

    I'm replying to this original post as this issue seems to appear in more recent posts.

    This is my simple solution.

    Let Malwarebytes (Free) find and remove this for you.

    This morning, when I did my usual "look for new updates" and scan with Malwarebytes, it found 3 files for Slim Cleaner Plus. I clicked on a button and it safely and quickly removed them by isolating them (putting them into a vault where they could do no harm to my computer but it would let me decide whether I wanted to keep this program or have Malwarebytes Permanently Delete those files). It identified the files as PUP (potentially unknown program) but it, also, showed the name on the files (Slim Cleaner Plus).

    To get the latest free version just do a search for Malwarebytes.Then click on one of the resulting links that you see. When you get to the site, scroll down a bit, if necessary, and click on the "Free Download" button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-25T16:51:42+00:00

    I recently found most of my photos in my picture folder in my windows7 now in recycling bin of windows 10 (window 10 forced into my computer to upgrade a month ago).  I tried to restore them, but had a message popup, " you don't have administrator right to access desktop, a public folder". And then I lost the track on these photos.  They are not in recycling bin any more. 

    Does anybody know where these files could end up and how I can get them back?

    Thanks a lot,

    Janeyu

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments