Tractor feed printers margin issues in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-06T16:21:56+00:00

Attempting to print from two different Windows 8.1 systems to three different (2 are the same brand Epson FX-890) tractor feed printers results in the entire document printing but the right margin is about 25-30% in the page resulting in everything printing out of alignment.

I have reinstalled the drivers changed every setting I can think of. I spoke with Epson tech support which referred me to Microsoft Tech Support which is not free. The exact same documents print just fine using these printers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 we only experience this problem with Windows 8.1 systems.

I know that isn't a lot to go on but thanks in advance for any help, at this point my only option is to revert the system back to Win 8.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T20:50:32+00:00

    This apparently is linked to not having NxN for a resolution.  If the driver supports some 144x144 resolution but the default is 120x144, switch to the 144x144 setting.

    I did try that with no success, I was able to get the font smaller but I never could get it to break out of the smaller margins.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T19:58:40+00:00

    This apparently is linked to not having NxN for a resolution.  If the driver supports some 144x144 resolution but the default is 120x144, switch to the 144x144 setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T19:34:07+00:00

    I, on the other hand, need a fix immediately, am very impatient, and expect no less from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T16:26:27+00:00

    For me Arun, I understand that these things take time and I appreciate your work on getting this resolved. It is important to me that a quality fix comes out rather than a rushed fix. I am in no less need than the other gentlemen posting here but I do not share their impatience.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T03:43:14+00:00

    OK Arun, do you have any timetable as to when, how long, etc., this is going to take to resolve?

    I have multiple computers for clients to replace (old XP PC's), and I am basically stalled with ordering and deployment of new machines (Windows 8.0/8.1), as the customers have specific needs and requirements predicated on the ability to utilize software that needs to have the ability to print as was able to do so previously and can no longer (correctly)??????

    Additionally, this puts a damper on my ability to generate income, as I cannot insist enough for customers to upgrade, but then when they cannot run their business and have to revert to old machines & operating systems to remain functional, not only do I look like an idiot when things are broken (not working), but then I get hammered with ridicule about Microsoft's insistence to dump XP and go with Windows 8/8.1 and my professional advice and recommendations look foolish.

    If we as consumers and professionals who recommend Microsoft products have to wait for extended periods of time for fixes, and if software updates are continued to be released with ill effects (look at the history of past), how can end users feel confident about your products and company?

    Need a resolution quickly, this is not acceptable!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments