Green Screen When Playing Videos On Windows 8.1 after updated from windows 8

Anonymous
2013-11-09T07:49:20+00:00

HELP ME!!..I would like to know how to solve this issue. Im using ASUS A550C with GEFORCE GT720M graphic card. The original windows is windows 8 64bit and i update it to windows 8.1 . After i updated, i try to play all types of videos either through online or offline, the green screen will appear. I had try updates all the drivers and the problem still occur. Help me to solve this as soon as possible please!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-01T23:15:02+00:00

Those with Windows 8.1 like me who have the youtube green screen this is how I fixed mine. Go to your desktop and go on to your all control panel items and click internet options. Once your on internet options click advanced. You will see something that say's Accelerated Graphics click the box underneath it that says 'Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' After you clicked that scroll down till you see security you will see a box that says enable 64-bit processes for enhanced protected mode click that and then all you has to do is apply. After you apply exit the internet options and restart your Brower it should be fixed. If not then you might have to update your flash or uninstall your flash player and reinstall it. Hoped I helped if not sorry I tried TT_TT It works for me so far hopefully this fixes the problem

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-03T01:28:05+00:00

I Just bought a Toshiba laptop with windows 8.1 (8-23-2014). when I went to anything that had flash drive videos or any video playback, I got the audio but also got the dreaded green screen. After many online searches for solutions (none that worked) I finally found one that worked and was very simple for me to follow and implement (i'm not stupid, but my computer acumen is well below professional programmer) so I was looking for an easy to follow solution, and I found it. keep in mind that the "AMD Radeon 4 Graphics" card that I show on my steps is specific for my computer, but I bet your graphics card will work similarly...

1 - go to "control panel"

2 - find "hardware and sound"

3 - find "devices and printers"

4 - find "device manager"

5 - find "display adaptors" (or something similar)

6 - click on "display adaptors"

6.1 - the name of your graphics card will come up. mine was "amd radeon 4

        graphics" (amd radeon 4  was specific for my computer, i'm sure yours

        will have a different graphics driver.)

7 - right click on "amd radeon 4 graphics", a drop down box will open with choices

8 - click "update driver software"

9 - pick either "search automatically" or "search manually"

9.1 - I picked "searched automatically" (it took several minutes)

10 - install the driver that comes up.

11 - restart windows 8.1

flash videos ran, and the green screen was gone.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-08T14:52:37+00:00

    I am also suffering from the same problem but I just figured how to solved it. At least it worked for me. First u right click the desktop, then go to graphic options, profiles, video profiles, and select default profile. Hope it will work for you.

    nope...nothing happens on my windows 8 core i7 satellite, still the same... :( i try also the 1st advice by Mr. Bennet and still the same.... can't find it bro. My toshiba laptops video still has a green screen...im hopeless now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-17T14:05:56+00:00

    I am also suffering from the same problem but I just figured how to solved it. At least it worked for me. First u right click the desktop, then go to graphic options, profiles, video profiles, and select default profile. Hope it will work for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-10T04:10:12+00:00

    Hi Jongyun,

    This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to a misconfigured driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

    Method 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter

    The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

    a)      Press Windows key +F to bring up the search Charms bar.

    b)      Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type Troubleshooting.

    c)       Click on Troubleshootingand select the view all option on the left pane.

    d)      Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

    Method 2:

    If no issues were detected with the display adapter, then most probably the issue is caused due to a corrupt driver or a misconfigured driver. You have mentioned that you have already tried updating the driver. Sometimes if the previous driver is corrupt, updating the driver might not resolve the issue. So, I would suggest you to reinstall the driver and check:

    First, download and save the Windows 8.1 compatible display driver from here:

    http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

    Now, reinstall the driver by following these steps:

    a)      Press Windows key + X, select Device manager.

    b)      Expand the “Display adapters” section and locate the display adapter.

    c)       Right click the device and select “Properties”.

    d)      Click on the driver tab to check the current driver installed for that device.

    e)      Click on the uninstall button to uninstall that driver.

    f)       Restart the computer, now windows will load the generic display driver for this device. Check if the issue persists with the generic driver.

    g)      If yes, then install the latest driver that you downloaded and check.

    Method 3:

    If the issue persists after reinstalling the driver, then the issue could be caused due to a conflict between the display driver and other program. In this case, I would suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. If you don’t face the issue in clean boot state, then one of the program disabled is causing the issue. Refer to the article for more information:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

    Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

    Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments