Error Code - Invalid Process Attach Attempt

Anonymous
2014-02-03T05:21:28+00:00

I have an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 installed (x64) 

Ever since installing Windows 8.1, my laptop freezes at random while I'm using it and even CTRL,ALT,DEL doesn't work. So I have to turn it off, and the last time I turned it back on I got the above error with a blue screen. It restarted for me, but then was on a loop and I kept getting this error over and over.

Please help!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-31T22:09:55+00:00

I solved this problem without removing avg on my new HP Laptop. I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver from the PC as part of the uninstall of the driver and no problem. I'm running 8.`1 Windows and the default driver from windows is OK unless you want to upgrade to the latest driver from Synaptics (which I haven't done and has to come from the HP site). To stop the error so you can delete the driver, best to use a usb mouse. (Do not push the touchpad buttons at any point if you want to do this without an independent mouse. Select by touching twice on the pad instead). Bad driver was version 17.0.6.2 and was delivered by HP in the new laptop.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-29T06:12:35+00:00

Thank you for the detailed response. You can place the computer in **clean boot** and manually install Windows Update one after the other and check which update is causing this issue.

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-04T15:12:43+00:00

    Having the same problem......HP laptop new in Jan 2014. Was using Macafee now AVG. Today following a manual update attempt  I allowed computer to restart several times (as always!) Today (4th Oct)  all updates were apparently installed successfully including KB2962409 which was unsuccessful on 3rd Oct. Also on on 3rd successfully installed KB2972213 that was an unsuccessful install on 2nd. Anyone else noticed this pattern? No idea what it means.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-12T23:54:39+00:00

    I have been having the exact same problem---fairly new Hp laptop (about 6 months old) and I'm going to try one of the above suggestions

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-04T17:25:25+00:00

    thank you all for answering about my problem, I am still having it and I too use AVG protection, however I am going to try and reset Toshiba SYNAPTICS DRIVER wish me luck, another little problem, whenever I shutdown then switch on again, I have to keep pressing the on button several minutes before it responds, so I very rarely shut down now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments