I have basically the same feelings. I have 11 computers running Windows 7 64bit Pro and I would like to update them to Windows 10 if I can find clear advantages. I have learned most of what I know about Windows 7 from the Microsoft book Windows 7 Inside Out. Is their a similar book for Windows 10? I can do most of the things I want to do with Windows 7 Pro 64bit such as edit photos and videos and put on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray and write and answer emails, and write papers and letters and use video phone calls and do internet searches but these things are MORE difficult for me with Windows 10. I want to learn Windows 10 and have one of my smaller computers with Windows 10 installed and helped with answering questions and making suggestions during the development, but to date I don't see any clear advantages to Windows 10 over Windows 7. What are the advantages supposed to be? I also haven't liked Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 over Windows 7. What it the best way for me to learn to master Windows 10. If I see clear advantages to Windows 10, I want to put all my computers at home and at work on Windows 10. What do you suggest? Thank You.
Cortana on Desktop
Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.
The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-09-05T19:15:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-09-05T01:59:57+00:00 I agree. I would like to see Cortana on the desktop. I would like to see it synced with Cortana on all my devices so that no mater whether I was on my phone or sitting at my desk I could interact with Cortana.
This would be a big differentiator between Windows and OSX and iOS or Android.
Cortana on Win Phone
Cortana on the desktop
Cortana on the Tablet
Cortana on Xbox
You have the code, just open Visual Studio and port it to all platforms. :)
Hi, I just want Cortana on my desktop! Can it be done yet?
-
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2015-07-10T23:14:52+00:00 I used mine by saying this:
"Hey Cortana, add Urban Hike Night to my Calendar on July 26 from 7 to 9 PM."
And she did it.
-
Anonymous
2015-07-10T19:10:14+00:00 I find Cortana to be essentially worthless on this desktop PC previously running Windows 7 64bit. I can't get her to do ANYTHING! Am I doing something wrong? Or is Cortana not supposed to be functional on this computer? How do I get her to do simple tasks like checking on traffic jams etc.? Can I ask her to help with computer repair problems? Can I ask her to help me learn some parts of Windows 10? A little help please.
-
Anonymous
2015-07-03T19:21:36+00:00 I has indeed come true