Cortana on Desktop

Anonymous
2014-04-02T18:51:54+00:00

Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.

The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-18T23:32:37+00:00

    I totally agree, It should become the new Siri, if it already isn't. w/ voice commands and a logical usage of it, like in Word documents and in things like that. I wish my laptop could have some of the commands like on the commercial about the Windows phone Cortana.

    First World Problems

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-05T05:35:31+00:00

    And that's why Microsoft is Microsoft and Apple is Apple. There isn't anyone at Microsoft creative enough to do what we all want. Everyone on this thread wants the same thing, and I would bet a large sum of money that no one at Microsoft even reads this or gives a sheeeeet if they did.

    Gates stole Windows from Jobs and not a whole lot has changed since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-07T20:41:38+00:00

    I would also like to have it on windows desktops from now

    that will make the windows to the whole world

    I like voice controlling

    just as in games, office, apps, and most probably windows

    I wish the Microsoft should bring it up

    Microsoft will

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T13:44:28+00:00

    I got  a top of the line Surface 3 in August. Its talk to text capabilities are zilch.

    Can't make any useful use of Windows Speech Tech, nor can anyone at the MSFT Dadeland Shopping Center in Miami FL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-26T13:39:27+00:00

    I have a brand new Surface 3. Windows Speech Technology is worthless. My Samsung S4 is easier to use, has a better microphone as I can dictate at the Microsoft Store in Dadeland FL. My Surface 3 requires absolute silence.

    Cortana on the Surface would be great provided that it were to work as well as the TV ads show it working on the Windows phone.

    As an owner of MSFT hardware and software as well as the stock, I can honestly say that I am totally disappointed in Windows Speech Technology as it I on my Surface.

    Not one employee at the Microsoft Dadeland Store can say anything good about the Windows Speech Technology.  Every employee thinks it is worthless since it does not work as well as the cheapest smartphone. Some make promises that MSFT will fix it, but give no time frame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments