Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello.
My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far.
I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.
There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.
If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
Stop paying attention to rumors.
When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 REALLY exceeded my expectations too, (I'm a IT Pro btw).
I've never minded being eventually forced into a new version. Think of the XP developers - having to keep it going for 12+ years. Have you ever stayed with a project for a decade? MS's greatest fault is their unwillingness to listen to users. The kids who developed Excel may have been well intentioned with the warnings, but they've obvious never used their own product in a business environment else they'd have known Ed's rule #1: Once you've established a work "motion", never stop the flow for anything except nearby fires and explosions AND WARNINGS DISRUPT WORK FLOWS !! <end rant>
OK, the XP developers kept it going for 12+ years.
No, they didn't. Microsoft kept it going for 12+ years. And it was good and still is even without support.
Vista is what kept XP going for 12+ years and who developed Vista? The same developers that developed XP.
Short story.
I've had this laptop for 15 months. It has Win 8 / 8.1 / 8.1 upgrade and it still looks like ****.
I have to rely on polluting my computer with third party software to get a familiar start menu back.
Win 8 will boot to a desktop but there is no real Windows start menu except the coloring book menu.
I'd gladly relinquish the license for Win 8 to upgrade to Win 7 or XP.
Windows Sucks.
So, now I'm stuck with this Windows 8 / 8.1 / 8.1 upgrade ****.
I know my comments are not appreciated here or on any Microsoft Community forums. Seriously, I don't really care.
What concerns my interest is how have so many people enslaved themselves to what Microsoft produces? Why do any of us have to use what they, 'Microsoft, Windows, Gawd' or whatever they think of themselves have to use?
When Windows looks like Windows again, I have a familiar start menu, and all the software I've purchased over the years works including all the versions of Office works, I'll be happy. (Currently I'm using Apache Office. MS Office users, try it out. You'll love it).
When I can personalize my Desktop the way I want it again, that will be a miracle only Gawd can give, (Microsoft will never give our desktop and start menu back, but maybe Gawd will.)
I just don't understand those that criticize folks like me that just want the familiar desktop and start menu back.
I'm not complaining about the Operating System. Win 7 and Win 8 OS is great it's the UI that REALLY sucks.
I'm just asking why can't Microsoft / Windows give many of its users what we want?
Oh . . . . . Excuse me . . . . . . I hear and read that it's all coming back . . . . . Just like I heard if you purchased a PC or Laptop with Win 8 you had downgrade rights to Win 7. (really should be upgrade rights to Win 7). But, just try to downgrade from Win 8 to Win 7. (he he he he he he) You can't do it and the hardware manufacturers will not help.
Oh, but I did. It took over a month. HP does not want to hear my voice again I can assure you. But finally, they took back the Win 8 **** I bought and sent me a new laptop with Win 7.
HP in my eyes are a hero.
Yep, I'm on a rant so let me end it.
I want Windows to look and act like Windows. Smart Phones, touch screens and tablets.
Every time I purchase a Desktop of Laptop I buy a license to use Windows. (and I have bought so many and most of them are in some landfill now)
In a case of transition, when I purchase a replacement computer, why can't I decide and choose what version I want to use?
Notice to Microsoft, Windows and Windows Lackeys.
You really need to support us that want Windows to look and act like Windows.
That's what put Windows on top of the world.
Quit telling us we are behind the times and stupid.
New options are becoming available.
Windows, We don't really need you any more.
Windows 8.1 already exceed my expectation. Despite many other companies plan not to release apps for windows 8.1 OS for PC and Phone, it not a big of a issue at all. Use of Windows became real easy as a IT professional. Bet even for the ituners world too!