Everything is too small -- windows 8.1 not allow me to enlarge entire interface?

Anonymous
2013-11-28T03:29:25+00:00

I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and the entire interface--every app, every dialogue box, every icon, etc--is too small on this high resolution (3200x1800) screen.  The size of the mouse pointer was the only thing I could increase to an adequate size.

In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I've specified EXTRA LARGE (200%) for all items. 

It's still too small.

Is it possible that Windows (I have 8.1) isn't keeping up with screen resolutions and I need to just wait for a Windows update?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T14:08:54+00:00

    Solution here: 

    Just bought Yoga 2 Pro 2 days ago, the default settings were fine.

    today while using everything suddenly jumped smaller on my desktop. Start screen was not affected.

    Solution is to go to swipe from right in desktop mode -> settings -> control panel -> display -> ""=make text and other items larger or smaller" -> custom sizing options -> 300% -> apply settings

    that should fix it.

    I really love my Yoga 2, but this hiccup was a real scare.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T13:42:48+00:00

    Same issue with a Lenovo Y-50 with a 4K/UHD display.  Over a year has passed and there is no no solution?  Pretty sad.  Hopefully MS will tackle this in Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-12T15:42:09+00:00

    Same problem with Lenovo Z40 and extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-13T16:44:37+00:00

    Same problem with the Yoga 3 Pro. I try using Google Sketchup, but the bars and text are smaller than the date and time on my task bar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-06T09:00:26+00:00

    I've found this related thread with a possible solution (I can't try it out right now as my laptop is being repaired) Hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments