Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install

Anonymous
2014-04-09T17:35:38+00:00

Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install?  I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T13:05:16+00:00

    Robert:  Additional Info.

    The following shows you my order of installation, if you look at the time stamp. All installations [except for 3809] were done manually. I remember trying the KB2932046 immediately after KB2919355 but it failed with the 80073712 error. Unfortunately, messing with the "Software Distribution" Folder as a possible solution also eliminated my history of what took place on the failed attempts. All other updates not associated with 9355 have come through WU and installed normally. I now believe the KB2919355 listed below is the *.msu file , notthe entire Update 1 package also labelled the same. Hope this helps.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /get-packages /format:table | findstr KB2919355

    Package_for_KB2919355~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.14

            | Installed | Update          | 4/9/2014 11:51 AM

    C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /get-packages /format:table | findstr KB293

    Package_for_KB2933809~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3

            | Installed | Update          | 4/9/2014 12:36 PM                 [came through WU]

    Package_for_KB2934018~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.5

            | Installed | Feature Pack    | 4/9/2014 1:34 PM

    Package_for_KB2937592~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0

            | Installed | Feature Pack    | 4/9/2014 1:45 PM

    Package_for_KB2938439~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0

            | Installed | Feature Pack    | 4/9/2014 1:21 PM

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T17:15:35+00:00

    Still waiting for answer to my posted question. I ran

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /get-packages /format:table | findstr KB2919355

    Package_for_KB2919355~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.14

            | Installed | Update          | 4/9/2014 11:51 AM

    Questions:

    1. Does this mean the ENTIRE package KB2919355 [including all of the *.msu subfiles listed in the manual download site ] is installed?
    2. I still have Windows Update telling me that KB2919355 (25.4 MB) needs installed. That size file corresponds to the .msu subfile KB2932046 , which I have not been able to manually install, getting error 80073712. Is Windows Update reporting a false need to install? Is KB2932046 actually installed?
    3. Exactly what is the purpose of KB2932046 ? All of the new features of Windows 8.1 Update 1 seem to be working just fine on my system, so I do not wish to do a restore point or any other such “start overs” for fear that I’ll end up with the Update not loading at all this time. I like the new features!

    My system, again, is a Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center then to Windows 8.1. It’s a 32-bit system with no touch pen or touch screen.

    For the time being, I’ve just hidden the update. Three other small updates have since come through and installed just fine.

    I’m sure you are as frustrated as I and other posters are with this particular Update, but perhaps a daily report of some type of progress made would at least let us know you are working on it. [ 20 cases solved, 5 to go ]

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T21:44:55+00:00

    The Microsoft Support page is what I had seen before. However, the "View Update History" should show every subfile of the package. Glad everything is working for you. Best wishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T19:12:11+00:00

    Jim134, thanks for your replies to my posts! Much appreciated!

    Yes, the new Task Bar feature at the bottom is activated and the Store icon is in the Task Bar. I forgot to mention these features in my previous post.

    I received an answer to a question I posted regarding the other KBs that I need to download. The poster included links to the missing KBs (KB 2932046 and so on). Again, when I tried to download these KBs I received a message that these are already downloaded. I take it that these KBs are sub-downloads of the KB2919355 and/or KB2919442 and therefore are not listed in the Update History list in the Control Panel. I wish they would 'separate' these if this is the case. I found this note in the Microsoft Support page:

    Note Windows Update will offer and installmultiple packages under KB2919355. However, there isonly one update entry KB2919355 in Programs and Features*. You can also use the DISM command to verify the installation or uninstallation of the update.*

    I think I'm good to go (hoping).

    Thanks again and best regards!

    -RSJR77

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T01:05:58+00:00

    The power and search icons are supposed to be the indication that the update is installed. You should also be able to move your cursor clear to the bottom of the Start Screen and bring up the Task Bar. Store icon may or may not already be on taskbar. If it's not and you can pin it there, then it looks like you've got it installed. As mentioned, it sort of looks like the installer, or history, is giving false info. Enjoy the new features :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments