Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail

Anonymous
2014-06-19T20:37:21+00:00

Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails

I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years.  I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine.  On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should.  It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go.  If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message.  This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem.  What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?

Thanks,

Ruth

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-01T14:00:02+00:00

    Cesar,

    I have tied changing category name, and I even deleted the category and re-created a the category with a different name.  Neither worked. 

    Thanks for continuing to try to help me.

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-01T03:58:47+00:00

    Hello Ruth,

    Thank you for considering possible workaround for the issue. As of the moment, there are still no updates about the issue. We will also consider the information that you provided. Let us know if there are changes after changing the name of your category/ies.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T02:03:17+00:00

    Helene,

    I did recreate one the small groups, and it did not work any bettr.  What if I recreate it and give it a new name? Could that work?  I think I'll try that.

    Thanks,

    Ruth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-22T17:30:54+00:00

    Hi Ruth,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. I understand that you are having issues sending to a group via Windows Live Mail.

    Please note that this is already a known issue and our Product Group is currently working on a fix, as what is stated in this thread. We apologize for any inconvenience encountered but rest assured that we will post back immediately once we have any updates about this concern.

    Please get back to us if you have other questions.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    I'm glad that the Microsoft Community know of this problem and, I hope,  a similar problem with my not being able to send emails out to any contact, individual or groups.

    I have spent 3 days working on this problem with the aid of a computor service provider.  They finally stated that the problem with my WLM is with the server that provides the service. 

    I would sure like to see this remedied as the alternative is to switch email providers with a lot of work notifying my contacts and adding a contact list to the new email service.

    Thankyou,

    Bill

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T23:50:49+00:00

    Hi Ruth,

    Thank you for the update. We'll take note of that. Have you tried recreating your Category and tried sending an email?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments