Keep out of my email box.
I've never been in your "email box."
cf. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqAskQuestion7
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This morning a blue banner appeared on my screen asking me when I wanted to restart my computer to continue to download the update to Win 8.1 (I have Windows 8). At no time did I start the download process. I selected "Remind me later" from the drop down. A few minutes later, the download started, and the drop down only allowed me to select a time period to restart my computer (Now, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours)!. I was committed, and I never authorized this! So I selected "Now" just to see what would happen. I went to the Windows Store and lo and behold the update was downloading. The update failed (I got an error 0xC1900101). I disabled the update notification reminder using regedit (I was sick of seeing it every time I powered down my computer anyway)-but how could this happen? This looked like a legitimate Windows notification.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Keep out of my email box.
I've never been in your "email box."
cf. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqAskQuestion7
Keep out of my email box.
PA Bear wrote:
You must have Win8.1 installed before the free Win10 upgrade will be offered to your computer via Windows Update. [emphasis mine]
No, you don't. I never installed 8.1. Three days ago I checked something on a Microsoft webpage via a link provided on this forum, which advised me that I had Windows 8 and that I was looking for something pertaining to Windows 10, did I want to upgrade to 10 now. I'm now running 10.
But you didn't upgrade to Win10 via Windows Update, did you?
3rd time my system was hacked by Microsoft. This time it happened in the middle of a good movie. I immediately shut it down, and removed the battery for 15 minutes. I cut it back on, and it would not let me work until the new updates finishes (280 that took 1.5 hours to finish).
goodbye Microsoft - me, my family, my neighbors, and my 27 employees are firing you!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more