Facebook video calling / chat does not work after windows 8.1 PRO upgrade / update

Anonymous
2013-10-19T01:39:19+00:00

Hi,

I originally had windows 8 PRO where facebook calling was working fine.

I upgraded to 8.1 PRO on 17th, since then am unable to see the Facebook video calling button. I also frequently get the msvcr110.dll was not found error.

  1. I have tied all solutions posted on this forum like do a clean boot, uninstall - install etc.
  2. Microsoft Fix it page says "We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."
  3. Tried running in compatibility mode.
  4. I even tried downloading .net frame work and C+ redistribution, but it says system already has the latest software.
  5. I also see some event errors in the event logger:

Faulting application name: FacebookVideoCalling.exe, version: 1.2.0.287, time stamp: 0x50775885

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x3cca0b4f

Faulting process id: 0x1f68

Faulting application start time: 0x01cecb51b2458965

Faulting application path: C:\Users\prafu_000\AppData\Local\Facebook\Video\Skype\FacebookVideoCalling.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: f054c40f-3744-11e3-8251-240a646ebdc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please help...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T15:25:47+00:00

    Hi Jaheshkp & Geethu, 

    I found a way to hack the issue with IE 11.

    1. Login to Facebook using IE11
    2. you see the blue bar on top stating your browser is incompatible.
    3. Hit F12, this opens developer mode.
    4. Scroll to the left hand side bottom to reach Emulation mode.
    5. Select User Agent string as IE 10

    You now start seeing the video chat icon on facebook.,..

    This leads me to only one conclusion:

    Facebook is not compatible with IE 11.

    Hope this helps either of the service provider to solve the issue.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T17:01:27+00:00

    Right click on google chrome launch icon and go to properties.......then under the compatibility tab choose to run chrome in compatibility mode of windows 8......it worked for me.......this is just a workaround to keep things working but still shame microsoft :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T17:02:04+00:00

    Right click on google chrome launch icon and go to properties.......then under the compatibility tab choose to run chrome in compatibility mode of windows 8......it worked for me.......this is just a workaround to keep things working but still shame microsoft :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T17:02:20+00:00

    Right click on google chrome launch icon and go to properties.......then under the compatibility tab choose to run chrome in compatibility mode of windows 8......it worked for me.......this is just a workaround to keep things working but still shame microsoft :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T18:48:03+00:00

    at last I did wat mohit jain replied me. it worked. I did the same for Mozilla. it worked fine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments