If compatibility option didn't work, your other choice is using Skype until Facebook or Microsoft fix it. I signed in to Skype with my Hotmail account and didn't have any problem.
Facebook video calling / chat does not work after windows 8.1 PRO upgrade / update
Hi,
I originally had windows 8 PRO where facebook calling was working fine.
I upgraded to 8.1 PRO on 17th, since then am unable to see the Facebook video calling button. I also frequently get the msvcr110.dll was not found error.
- I have tied all solutions posted on this forum like do a clean boot, uninstall - install etc.
- Microsoft Fix it page says "We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."
- Tried running in compatibility mode.
- I even tried downloading .net frame work and C+ redistribution, but it says system already has the latest software.
- I also see some event errors in the event logger:
Faulting application name: FacebookVideoCalling.exe, version: 1.2.0.287, time stamp: 0x50775885
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x3cca0b4f
Faulting process id: 0x1f68
Faulting application start time: 0x01cecb51b2458965
Faulting application path: C:\Users\prafu_000\AppData\Local\Facebook\Video\Skype\FacebookVideoCalling.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: f054c40f-3744-11e3-8251-240a646ebdc3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Please help...
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-10-27T21:10:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-10-27T19:30:28+00:00 Hi I did it and still doesnt work for me !!! I use Google Chrome I really wanna fix this since I left my country and videocalling was the only way to see my family !! any other suggestions PLEASE !
-
Anonymous
2013-10-24T17:10:12+00:00 Useless.
This gives you only the camera icon back .
But the Video chat is not working fine at all ...
I am not sure you could see something using this
-
Anonymous
2013-10-24T06:16:17+00:00 Nothing to worry just Go to the Icon of your Favourite Web Browser and Right click and select Troubleshoot Compatiability and Try it running with Windows 8 setting. It will start working fine. And it worked for me too. Wish Microsoft will soon solve this problem.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-24T05:17:08+00:00 it didn't work for me. icon shows but never makes the call. it gives the message that software not available.
I have also Skype for desktop version installed in my laptop. I don't know whether this makes any conflict or not.