Facebook video calling / chat does not work after windows 8.1 PRO upgrade / update

Anonymous
2013-10-19T01:39:19+00:00

Hi,

I originally had windows 8 PRO where facebook calling was working fine.

I upgraded to 8.1 PRO on 17th, since then am unable to see the Facebook video calling button. I also frequently get the msvcr110.dll was not found error.

  1. I have tied all solutions posted on this forum like do a clean boot, uninstall - install etc.
  2. Microsoft Fix it page says "We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."
  3. Tried running in compatibility mode.
  4. I even tried downloading .net frame work and C+ redistribution, but it says system already has the latest software.
  5. I also see some event errors in the event logger:

Faulting application name: FacebookVideoCalling.exe, version: 1.2.0.287, time stamp: 0x50775885

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x3cca0b4f

Faulting process id: 0x1f68

Faulting application start time: 0x01cecb51b2458965

Faulting application path: C:\Users\prafu_000\AppData\Local\Facebook\Video\Skype\FacebookVideoCalling.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: f054c40f-3744-11e3-8251-240a646ebdc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please help...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T03:02:51+00:00

    i did it too what mohit jain said.  but i don't get same result.. 

    fb shows message "the software that run videocall does not available". then i tried "learn more" still useless

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T02:55:45+00:00

    it only show the fb videocall icon appears. Doesn't mean videocall works... i tried it..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T02:07:28+00:00

    yap, it's suck!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-20T02:27:39+00:00

    I did the same thing and I am not happy at all! it has totally messed up things for me! wish I knew how to uninstall it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T03:33:55+00:00

    thank you very much I was having the same problem , I have opera and it really work!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments