it works but its stops immediately..
Facebook video calling / chat does not work after windows 8.1 PRO upgrade / update
Hi,
I originally had windows 8 PRO where facebook calling was working fine.
I upgraded to 8.1 PRO on 17th, since then am unable to see the Facebook video calling button. I also frequently get the msvcr110.dll was not found error.
- I have tied all solutions posted on this forum like do a clean boot, uninstall - install etc.
- Microsoft Fix it page says "We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."
- Tried running in compatibility mode.
- I even tried downloading .net frame work and C+ redistribution, but it says system already has the latest software.
- I also see some event errors in the event logger:
Faulting application name: FacebookVideoCalling.exe, version: 1.2.0.287, time stamp: 0x50775885
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x3cca0b4f
Faulting process id: 0x1f68
Faulting application start time: 0x01cecb51b2458965
Faulting application path: C:\Users\prafu_000\AppData\Local\Facebook\Video\Skype\FacebookVideoCalling.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: f054c40f-3744-11e3-8251-240a646ebdc3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Please help...
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-11-12T17:43:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-10-27T21:10:37+00:00 If compatibility option didn't work, your other choice is using Skype until Facebook or Microsoft fix it. I signed in to Skype with my Hotmail account and didn't have any problem.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-19T13:42:37+00:00 my boss is angry about it. he wants to solve this issue. he is not understanding that its facebook and windows 8.1 issue.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-19T14:26:20+00:00 Hi Praful,
To provide the appropriate resolution, I would need more information from you.
- Are you using Skype to make Facebook video calling?
- What is the complete error message?
If you are making Facebook Video calling from Skype for Windows Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the steps in the articles and check if it helps.
How can I solve problems with video calling in Skype for Windows desktop?
Why can’t I make video calls on the latest version of Skype for Windows desktop?
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to contact Skype Support for further assistance.
Hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance or information on this issue, reply back to this post. I will be glad to help you.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-19T13:40:04+00:00 im facing same issue. its not working for me. facebook videocall button disappeared. call button in each profile is disappeared.
really bad. all these months did Microsoft and facebook not worked for this problem. there was preview edition.
I tried firefox, chrome. all ended up the same.