Yes, Yahoo! Mail switched end of June, and Рамблер-Почта switched end of March to a SHA-2-only deployment. However, I recommend to notify those providers about this – many administrators are not aware – perhaps they add SHA-1 access.
SHA2 support on Nokia C5,E71 and E72?
Hi
Our company has resently renewed our external certifcate for Exchange active sync. The certificate is SHA2 signed.
From that day Nokia C5,E71 and E72 models stopped syncing.
I belive that it has to do with the SHA2 signing algoritm, and I just want to get that confirmed or confirmation that it isn´t that that causes the communication issues.
Thanks in advance
/J
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
57 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-07-31T12:46:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-07-31T10:36:19+00:00 Yes, I have been using only gmail. Yesterday I've tried to set up Yahoo mail and Rambler mail. Both of these services do not work and I think for the same reason. May be there still exists some provider which gives access to mail using SHA-1, but I suppose this is temporarily.
(I am sorry for possible mistakes in my English)
-
Anonymous
2015-07-31T09:56:39+00:00 Yes, with Gmail, you face this SHA-2 issues. I am not aware of any other solution than going for a new phone, like the Nokia E72 or Nokia E6. Alternatively, you have to access your E-mails via proxy based Internet services like Opera Mini.
-
Anonymous
2015-07-31T09:38:12+00:00 I am using a Nokia E71 to access a Gmail account using the profimail client. It has stopped working as of a couple of days ago. I assume it is the problem mentioned about.
The Nokia software updater says my phone is up to date so I am unsure if there is anything else I can do. As per the suggestions above - how do I go about up updating my E71 to Symbian/S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 or newer, like the Nokia E72 or Nokia E6;? It is not even clear if the E71 could accept such an update?
-
Anonymous
2015-07-31T08:47:19+00:00 Regarding other email providers, I think this problem requires complex solution, preferably from Microsoft(Nokia)
I am sorry, I do not understand yet. In you case, if not just Gmail but other E-mail providers fail, please, say so. Then, I have a look whether it is the same cause (SHA-2) or another issue which might be just a configuration issue.