Unable to connect properly to Eduroam wi-fi

Anonymous
2013-11-15T17:49:15+00:00

My University (UWE) uses eduroam for its Wi-Fi. My Surface 2 (all updates in place as of 15th November) is unable to stay connected to this service and sometimes it won't find it at all. Have tried refreshing the Surface and all forms of manual logins

  • my ITS department is also stumped. MS - please update our drivers to prevent this from happening. The Surface is the perfect Student device and many universities use eduroam and the web is awash with problems like mine, but currently I would be unable to recommend a Surface to my colleagues or students.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-16T20:15:05+00:00

    If it works with an old driver it could also work with a new one => fix still required.

    Period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-16T19:28:57+00:00

    I remember following that tutorial, but I must've messed up somewhere, because having tried it again, it finally worked! Thanks for the link. I can confirm that 14.69.17064.93 works on the Surface Pro 2. There still appears to be no solution for RT users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-16T03:23:28+00:00

    The 14.69.17064.93 driver is the one that works for me.  I have also tested the latest driver and they are not working.  Make sure you delete the driver when uninstalling.  I sometimes have to restart and other times it works immediately.

    I've tested at other Universities in Western Australia and it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T07:40:23+00:00

    University of Waterloo IST staff told me to revert the network driver to 14.69.17064.93. After that, my Surface pro 2 can connect to eduroam. (Of course, you have to manually setup the connection first.)

    Again, no use for RT a drivers can't be manually changed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T07:30:00+00:00

    Have you manually setup the wireless connection? Here's a tutorial from UW website: https://uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/services/eduroam-wireless-network/connecting-eduroam-wireless-network/windows-81

    Ask the IT staff in your university for a similiar tutorial... And yeah, you have to use 14.69.17064.93 driver. New driver won't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments