123456
Shortcut arrow icons gone after Windows 8.1
Hey all,
I know it's something minor but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 I noticed that the little shortcut arrow icons that appear on shortcuts are gone. They appear again only if I hover my mouse over the shortcuts or if I refresh the desktop or folder where the shortcuts are in. However, after a reboot the issue comes up again and I have to redo the mentioned actions.
Things I have tried:
- I did a SFC/ scannow and it didn't find any integrity violations.
- I have tried 3 different nvidia WHQL drivers without any result.
- A reformat also didn't fix the issue.
My specs:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64x with Media Centre (Update 1 installed along with all latest updates)
i5 3570K CPU
nVidia GTX 660Ti with 335.23 WHQL driver (not OC'ed)
8 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-09-10T01:03:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-11-22T14:03:31+00:00 Its been almost 2 months since this issue has been fixed for me,on both my computers! :D
-
Anonymous
2014-11-05T09:43:40+00:00 Someone found this bug here:
http://dabayrus.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/howto-restore-missing-tortoise-icon-overlays/
The root cause of my problem is Sharepoint Workspace component. It's put's 5 overlay icons...
I remove them, and after restart, i got back all my overlay icons...
Thank you guys!