Windows 8.1 - apps close immediately after opening

Anonymous
2013-11-12T21:25:01+00:00

None of the Windows 8 apps will fully load.

After clicking on an app, the loading screen appears for about a second, and then it goes back to the (metro) menu.

I can still see these apps as open on the left-side bar.

This happened after the installation of 50 windows updates.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T11:16:37+00:00

    FYI

    this is what I see in the logs (but it's in dutch):

    EventID: 5973

    Source: apps

    Het activeren van de app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 is mislukt door de fout De app is niet gestart.. Kijk in het logboek Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational voor aanvullende informatie.

    EventID: 5973

    Source: apps

    Het activeren van de app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 is mislukt door de fout De app is niet gestart.. Kijk in het logboek Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational voor aanvullende informatie.

    EventID: 5973

    Source: apps

    Het activeren van de app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 is mislukt door de fout De app is niet gestart.. Kijk in het logboek Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational voor aanvullende informatie.

    EventID: 1000

    Source: Application Error

    Naam van toepassing met fout: WWAHost.exe, versie: 6.3.9600.16431, tijdstempel: 0x525e5d4e

    Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 6.3.9600.16408, tijdstempel: 0x523d557d

    Uitzonderingscode: 0x00000004

    Foutmarge: 0x000000000000ab78

    Id van proces met fout: 0xf88

    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01cee1f1d343c4b3

    Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe

    Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

    Rapport-id: 11036393-4de5-11e3-be91-08606e1f1dda

    Volledige pakketnaam met fout: winstore_1.0.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

    Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: Windows.Store

    EventID: 1001

    Source: Windows Error Reporting

    Foutbucket -325621371, type 5

    Naam van gebeurtenis: MoAppCrash

    Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar

    Id van CAB-bestand: 0

    Handtekening van probleem:

    P1: winstore_1.0.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

    P2: praid:Windows.Store

    P3: 6.3.9600.16431

    P4: 525e5d4e

    P5: KERNELBASE.dll

    P6: 6.3.9600.16408

    P7: 523d557d

    P8: 00000004

    P9: 000000000000ab78

    P10:

    Toegevoegde bestanden:

    C:\Users\Henk\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2647.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

    Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar:

    C:\Users\Henk\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_winstore_1.0.0.0_ecaf0804f9a90d33996cb29f03573ef27b82288_71dd0148_03af2973

    Analysesymbool:

    Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0

    Rapport-id: 11036393-4de5-11e3-be91-08606e1f1dda

    Rapportstatus: 0

    Opgedeelde bucket: e98474570122eae0c71bf9eff6bace93

    EventID: 5973

    Source: Apps

    Het activeren van de app winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store is mislukt door de fout De app is niet gestart.. Kijk in het logboek Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational voor aanvullende informatie.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T09:59:28+00:00

    Hey Shawn--my PC has been doing this ever since I got it. I think it worked one or two times on the Store but would never download anything.  I thought updating to 8.1 would help but NOoooo.

    I'm glad you got yours working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T09:53:49+00:00

    I am having the same problem!!  I thought updating to win 8.1 would fix it but NOT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-15T04:19:47+00:00

    I this issue earlier this week but only with the Bing apps (Bing News, Bing Weather, Bing Finance, Bing Food and Drink, Health and Fitness).  None of them would load, but everything else worked fine.

    I uninstalled, reinstalled, reset my store, ran the troubleshooter packs, deleted cache, synced licenses, everything I could think of.  Even an SFC scan.

    Eventually I just used RSTRUI to restore system files back from November 3rd and it's been working since.  If you've tried everything else, I would recommend this.  I wish I had tried it first, it only takes 2 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T03:47:01+00:00

    Yea I too have the exact same problem. My apps close immediately after opening, and any newly installed app that I try to install will NOT INSTALL because I get error 0x80070002. I've tried everything posted above and still same problem. Would love to know what the **** happened to my PC because of this update. $1100 laptop that I can barely use ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments