Acer Aspire v3-772g BSOD's (kmode_exception_not_handled, irql_not_less_or_equal)

Anonymous
2014-03-01T12:40:06+00:00

Hello.

I have bought my Acer Aspire v3-772g about 3 weeks ago and I have problems with BSOD's since then. I have installed and updated every possible driver that I have found, but nothing helped. So 2 days ago I have decided to restore machine to factory settings. After it I have immediatelly installed all of the updates for Windows 8, uninstalled graphic drivers and updated to Windows 8.1. After update, I have installed Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office and went to sleep. When I woke up, the machine was restarted by the damn BSOD again, saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYNqd )

Okay, so I have decided to download all the updates for hardware and install them. Then it took almost 36 hours to produce another BSOD, this time addressed KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (minidump: http://1drv.ms/1jHYLij ).

Before factory reset I had many more similar BSODs but I haven't saved any of the minidump files. It's just driving me crazy. What to do?!?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-01T22:39:46+00:00

My pleasure, sorry to hear that this wasn't a simple software issue and you did in fact receive a faulty system.

If and when you are comfortable and feel your issue has been solved, I'd recommend marking any posts of mine that answered your question as answered so this thread no longer shows up as requiring an answer.

Regards,

Patrick

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T11:38:52+00:00

    no, it did not crash for 12 hours now.

    one thing that I have noticed is that when computer crashes and comes back to log-in screen, it kind of freezes there for couple of seconds. and then when logged in for couple of minutes is also freezes for couple of seconds on desktop, but after that it works fine.

    does this have something to do with recovery after crash or could it be one of the reasons why it crashes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T11:32:11+00:00

    Have you crashed since doing the above?

    Regards,

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T11:22:28+00:00
    1. Removed McAfee, now using Windows Defender.
    2. I uninstalled and disabled WD SES, but it keeps coming back to my device manager.

    At least bugchecks are not the same as before, so I am asuming different problem now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T00:50:28+00:00

    1. Remove and replace McAfee with Windows 8's built-in Windows Defender:

    McAfee removal - http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

    Windows Defender (how to turn on after removal) - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21962-windows-defender-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

    2. wdcsam64.sys is listed and loaded which is the Western Digital SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) driver. Please remove this software ASAP as it's troublesome and is also not necessary to the functionality of your system.

    Regards,

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments