anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.
I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
Really happy for those that can once again access WMP 12 fai server to obtain album info. Problem just started for me in the last week or so. WMP v12.0.7601.18526, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.
Am I the only one?
Happy Holidays!
I like to find the albums correct information instead of having to type it in manually. But with this error constantly occurring I'm not able to do that. I don't know if it has been like this for awhile but I'm experiencing this issue now. I tried looking for solutions online and to know avail. I downloaded the Microsoft Windows Media Player Fix from the Microsoft website and went through the whole process and still nothing worked. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my computer or the programs that are being run on it. Especially if I'm not the only person experiencing this problem around the same date. I have the latest updates for all of my programs including Microsoft Windows Media Player. I don't even think there has been an update for this media player for at least a year now. But anyway I'm wasting time now. Please fix this problem or give a solution for me to fix this problem. Thank you. Happy Holidays
This issue was fix, I just checked with my Windows Media Player and I'm getting the Album information without any glitch. So, I think you're not having the same problem that everybody had when this tread was created.
Here's a fix that worked for me that I found on this other tread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_7-pictures/wmp12-script-error-when-using-find-album-info/5c9b01a3-3478-4cf5-9619-23722d293013
Here's the fix that was posted by: Shashi Kant Prasad
The easiest way:
In "Internet Options" go to the Advanced tab and then:
Now, It's done.
Try it and let me know.
Angel Trinidad
I am having this internal sever error, I tried that restore advanced settings thing you said and it didn't work. I also tried disabling the windows media player add-on in IE and that didn't work. I also tried adding http://fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com to the trusted sites on IE but it won't work because it isn't an https site. I disabled the settings that have to do with ti running script commands in windows media player options security and now it's working, is this safe?