anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.
I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
MIne works now too. No update required.
Well, like others have said, my WMP is back to working properly again. I'm just glad the problem's fixed finally. I don't know if that update that came up last night fixed it, and I don't care either (just like I don't care what the problem even was to begin with).
Bottom line is, the problem's solved and it better not happen again.
Yes, it's working again.
It works without installing any update. I didn't install any update and is working for me. I guess Microsoft fixed the problem.